The resort is on a large parcel of land with a grand palace type of a feel.
The pros are
* great grounds - large open spaces, pool
* nice facilities - gym, pool, sport fields, golf, bowling and the cinemas
* good sized rooms albeit a bit dated - showers are large and the water pressure is good
* staff are friendly
* Transfers were carried out nicely
Areas that should be better for a hotel of this grade
* overall service is inconsistent
* the food selection is fairly poor - most dishes were not hot, buffet meals were not replenished often, overall dishes lacked taste
* internet connection is available in main buildings around the hotel which is of a good speed - however staying connected was not easy - password needing to be entered multiple times - given the internet is meant to be resort wide would be more convenient with a standard connection
* number of facilities are charged for - which is fine however the charges can be better done eg - badminton - payment for the court a separate cost for racquet and a further cost for the shuttlecocks
Overall staying at the Empire is definitely a unique experience.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking