Not only a place to stay, the Empire Hotel is a destination of Brunei. Walking through the halls you can sense the history of the place and imagine all the people that have stayed there.
Like other icons in Brunei, the hotel is proud of its opulence though the designs are slightly outdated. Read about where all the decorations came from. You'll be surprised to find that the make up of the hotel is from all over the world.
- Service: What you would expect from a 5-Star (not 6 or 7 as I've heard). Friendly staff throughout my experience there. Given a free upgrade on my arrival. Personal attention but not intrusive.
- Location: On the beach, great for relaxing but not that convenient to see the town center.
- Property: The grounds of the hotel are impressive and worth spending time to explore. Check out the golf course, cinema, and the many pools.
- Occupancy: Traveling in October I would have expected the hotel to be quite full, but it was really empty and with the size of the property it felt even more private. I'm listing this as a pro because if you want a place to relax and get away, its difficult to find a place so grand yet private at the same time. Most of the time at the pool next to the beach, I had the place all to myself.
- Maintenance: Some minor fixes should be implemented like fixing the broken dolphin statue or cleaning the garbage off the main beaches daily.
- Emptiness: If you are looking for a very lively place, look elsewhere.
I would definitely recommend staying here (in the very least visiting) and admiring what makes up the best hotel in Brunei.
Read about my full experience at the hotel and about how I visited all the main sights in about a day here: http://www.daviddeclercq.com/the-majestic-empire-hotel-in-brunei
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the north eastern tip of Borneo on the doorstep of one of Asia's oldest rainforests, The Empire Hotel & Country Club is Brunei’s most prestigious beach resort offering unsurpassed 5-star luxury.This palatial resort hotel, which astounds visitors with its spectacular 12 storey marble and gold lobby, is set in its own private 180-hectare (445 acres) estate of manicured gardens and an 18-hole, floodlit Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and Country Club. Each of the hotel’s 522 opulently appointed guest rooms, suites and private villas has a view of the ocean, lagoon, gardens or golf course, while standard throughout the hotel are Imperial king-sized beds made with the finest linens, and over-sized marble bathrooms with walk-in shower, deep soaking tub with gold taps and luxury amenities. The Empire Hotel & Country Club also extends the kingdom’s regal hospitality with an impressive range of international restaurants, spa, world-class golf and sporting activities, and international meeting facilities for top level MICE gatherings, making it a resort ideal for family, romantic or business vacations. The Empire Hotel & Country Club is a member of WORLDHOTELS and recipient of numerous prestigious international awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your The Empire Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Empire Hotel And Country Club
- Empire Hotel Brunei