“Barbara”

Stormsvlei Farm Stall & Restaurant
Cuisines: International, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are now permanently closed.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Barbara”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were coming from Berry picking and looking for a restaurant to have lunch ,what a suprise to find Stormsvlei Farm Stall &Restaurant .The service was excellent and the food delicious ,thanks for the nice smile and friendly service .We will come back again .

• Visited November 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fantastic Burger, Loved it!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My guests and i were driving from Montagu to Hermanus and drove past this route. Along the way we decided to have lunch at Stormsvlei and this restaurant became the stop. From entering through the door the service with a smile service was very refreshing and very welcoming. We sat down and ordered the meals and it was fantastic. The all round service was brilliant and will surely make a stop here again, whether on business or just on holiday with my family.

1 Thank Hank D
Hermanus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyed it so Much”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wen where invited by friends for a birthday Sunday lunch and enjoyed it so much. I had pork belly ( which I'm always scared to order at an unknown restaurant ) and to my surprise it was the best pork belly I've ever had! I've been driving past this establishment for the past 3 years and never stopped for lunch. I will definitely stop here every Sunday we go past!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank zettie2
“Lovely Surprise”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This restaurant is also known as Steven"s Kitchen, named after the excellent chef. This husband and wife team have a restaurant set in an old hotel building off the N2. We heard about it from friends a long time ago and we are so sad that we have not stopped there before of our trips up or down to Cape Town. This will not happen again, as we will definitely make it a destination and part of all future trips. The food was plentiful and of excellent quality, good solid "home" style cooking with elegant presentation. The setting in the delightful back garden was divine and the aromas from the kitchen made us decide not just to stop for coffee and cake but to make a meal of it! Steven even brought us some samples of his bread baking experiments - which we would highly recommend. Sadly they did not have more for us to take home with us - but next time.... If I had any complaint (and it would be hard to do so for sure) - it was that the sign boards from the N2 did not entice you towards the restaurant and the wonderful rating they have should surely be advertised to all - as to miss the opportunity to dine here would be sad indeed.

1 Thank Dawnve
stormsvlei, Owner at Stormsvlei Farm Stall & Restaurant, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Dawnve,

Thank you for leaving your review. It was very kind of you to take the time to do so.

It's wonderful to serve customers who appreciate the time and effort involved in trying to create the style of food we do here at Stormsvlei Farmstall & Restaurant. I am indeed perfecting my sour dough breads but on selected day's during the winter our breads are popular. If you know you are passing next time just give me a call the day before and I will make sure we keep you a loaf.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as it may seem to put signage for your business on the N2. Trust me, we've been trying for 3 years!

Take care and we hope to see you soon. All the best.

Steven & Jeanne
Stellenbosch, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Michelin star food at Spur prices”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A very modest place which we probably would have bipassed if we didn't know it had a good reputation. The atmosphere inside was very dull and could easily be improved. The outside sitting area overlooking the garden was charming. The duck confit salad I had was absalutely exceptional. I've eaten at a number of high end restaurants in Europe and this was as good as any. Others enjoyed the excellent burger and buttenut soup. A huge surprise and we'll definitely be back!

1 Thank xenia d