“Cool shady verandah - beautiful garden and fantastic chips!”

Stormsvlei Farm Stall & Restaurant
Cuisines: International, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are now permanently closed.
“Cool shady verandah - beautiful garden and fantastic chips!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to stop over- we had rump steak, wonderful French fried- crispy and soft and fluffy, and a delicious salad. Nice little shop where a bought clotted cream and some cheese for supper.
Will be visiting again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Judylovesholidays

“What a place to stop....”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I ran out of petrol on the N2 and I so very luckily stopped at Stormsvlei. I walked in and announced my dilemma, to which the kind lady offered the Caltex down the roads phone number and said that they have delivered petrol before. With 5 litres of petrol on the way, I sat down and was looked after and treated with absolute professional service and superb homemade quality food. I had the springbok carpaccio which was without doubt the best I have ever had....this was followed by a proper barista machine coffee and a homemade brownie.

I recommend it to anyone travelling along this route - it is worth the stop.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Mark J
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and lovely food”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

If you want a convenient lunch stop between Cape Town and the Garden Route then look no further. Friendly family service, top quality wholesome food at a reasonable price.

2 Thank Tim G
stormsvlei, Owner at Stormsvlei Farm Stall & Restaurant, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Tim
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed our Easter Sunday lunch and your experience here.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip to our beautiful country.
Kind regards
Jeanne
Ottawa
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We popped into this restaurant completely at random off the the highway. And what a pleasant surprise it was! The burgers were works of art, big, fat patties in a fresh bun. The chicken pie I ate was excellent. The setting is also very nice - the back yard is a european garden, and just beyond a flower nursery. Bought a couple of bags of boutique candies to suck on for the remainder of the drive to Cape Town. Would visit again.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank mskullcap
Dear mskullcap
Thanks so much for taking time to leave us a review on your experience here at Stormsvlei Farm Stall & Restaurant. It is always great to get feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed our homemade Burgers & Chicken Pie as well as our carefully selected products in our Farm Stall.
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to South Africa and look forward to welcoming you back to Stormsvlei.
Kind regards
Jeanne
Guyancourt, France
“Highly recommend this place!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The aroma of freshly ground coffee being served at the bar by a smiling lady greeted us, a great start!
Efficient and friendly service, very good food, one of the most tastily prepared salads I've had in South Africa. "Real" chips, excellent steak, and an absolutely lovely garden.
We bought some of the home-baked bread,delicious, and particularly appreciated by my French husband. Lots of other local produce to buy in the shop.

• Visited February 2013
stormsvlei, Owner at Stormsvlei Farm Stall & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your visit to us. It's really nice to hear from customers that appreciate the effort both Jeanne and myself try to put in to making Stormsvlei Farmstall & Restaurant a place for people that enjoy great quality, fresh food. It's lovely to hear from people that understand what bread should be like too.
If you are passing again we would love you to stop hear with us again. All the best.

S. Collinson