“Simply lovely”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Worcester
“Simply lovely”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We dined here while visiting Swellendam. THe atmophere in the restaurant was lovely with a big fire going in the dining area. My husband had the Greenpepper Fillet and I had the 600g ribs. Oh my goodness! We loved it. This restaurant serves good old fashioned food. Fine dining it is not!! The staff was lovely, especially Clifford, the barman. It was also very good value for money, taking into consideration the huge portions.

• Visited July 2013

Hermanus, South Africa
“Disappointing and expensive!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband ordered a 4 Seasons pizza. It arrived with seafood topping! Never heard of 4 Seasons with this combo - not a good choice! Base was doughy and tough. I had ribs. They were ok but a bit overlooked. Chips were good but they wouldn't allow me to have a salad instead which is what I really wanted, but at an extra R45 for a simple garden salad it seemed a bit steep. Very inflexible. We heard they were renowned for their steaks but to be honest the prices scared the day lights out of us.

• Visited July 2013
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First visit to the town and I find a great place to have steaks. My meal was awesome, quality and quantity where both great. The staff are friendly and very helpful, they make you feel part of their town and establishment.

Visited July 2013
Melkbosstrand, South Africa
“Good serves and dessert”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a bad experience in a different restaurant with our main course, we decided to phone and make a reservation for 14 PAX to have dessert and coffee. At first the owner thought someone was pulling her leg, but when we arrived the table was set for the group. We had prompt serves and had a selection of malva pudding, cheesecake, chocolate pudding and ice-cream with chocolate sauce. We ordered coffee to be served at the same time as the pudding. Everything arrived at the same time, just as we ordered. Thank you to the owner and staff to end our night on a high note, with good service and good dessert.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Vorsters
Maryland
“Great service, so so food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We didn't much like our steak or burger, but the service was attentive and courteous. My burger was overcooked and the steak, although correctly cooked, did not taste good.

Visited June 2013