“Best Pizza Ever!”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have always wanted to stop here and so glad that we finally did! The setting is very cozy and welcoming, especially after a long drive; and the original machinery around the water wheel and the actual mill that still stands there is very interesting. The pizza is the best I have had by far and I think a tradition has begun - everytime I drive down the R60 I will be popping in for pizza :)

1  Thank Figgie866

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate here a year ago and didn't get a chance to write a review. Although the decor has improved, I'm afraid my chicken schnitzel hanging over a burger bun didn't cut it as a chicken burger. This is a bit old-style. The guys here have a LOT of enthusiasm. We will be back to see the progress. Great out of the way location, and it has turned a bit pubby. But a lot of fun!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This excellent restaurant just keep on going! New owners, but still nice atmosphere and good menu. Excellent and friendly service.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I wanted seafood, and calamari, the guys sent us to this little gem. It is completely local, and completely off the beaten track. The romance of the old building is nothing to scoff at. You can't beat it and what was really sweet was this little square hole in the plaster so you could see the original wall dating from, well, I don't know. It is over 200 years old and the old mill still works. The whole town is full of national monuments. How could you go wrong in Swellendam?

1  Thank Paul_R_TO
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Moffid, Nicolet and family are running an award winning restaurant here, in what must count as one of the most beautifull locations in Swellendam. Steaks is consistently good, as well as a nice selection of seafood and pizza's.

1  Thank silage