“I wasn't expecting a Michelin star experience but ..” 1 of 5 bubbles

Primi Piatti
Ranked #45 of 118 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
“I wasn't expecting a Michelin star experience but ..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Kids have a ball running around outside in the lights and the people are friendly, however this place completely ignores smoking regulations with a three sq meter window opened between smoking and non smoking sections, the salads were good but my calamari allegedly grilled was crumbed and dripping in oil. The lemon butter side looked like mayonnaise and tasted like bike chain oil ( I think). It could be good, if they just kept it simple. Oh and perhaps arrange separate ablutions for your kitchen staff?

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rob W

Somerset West, South Africa
“What a disappointment ..what is going on ?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Been here many times before, food and survive was always okay...just okay..., but me and my wife visited the restaurant again yesterday, and what a disappointment. The food was just not expectable, the service was very slow. After our meal we ordered coffee, myself an Americano and my wife an cappuccino, we waited for ages, when it eventually arrived , both were cold. We had to call the waiter to warm it up. The restaurant has a very good location, and a fantastic opportunity to be excellent,..but something is wrong. I will wait a while before I try it out again...miracles can happen..I hope.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bankiesa
Somerset West, South Africa
““EXCELLENT””
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My friends and I visit this place, we all had different meal of pasta to try out, no problem on the food nor the service can recomment it for something different.

Visited August 2012
Gordon's Bay, South Africa
“Not good at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a really bad time with lousy food and terrible service. The bad location may have something to do with this

Visited March 2012
Gordons Bay, South Africa
“Dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hmmm, it used to be good but something is going wrong. Food not so great anymore, steak tough and coctail drinks watered down. Staff friendly.

Visited December 2012