“Great menu”

Ranked #102 of 128 Restaurants in Somerset West
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great menu,good and friendly service,My kids loved the milkshakes.

1  Thank Mcshanerus

Reviewed March 26, 2012

This outing was very painful!!!!

Starters = Both me and my friend's Snails was so off I still have the taste in my mouth!!!

The creamy sauce was warm, but cold in the middle of the bowl.

This is a bad taste!!! Bread was the last last slice in the bag. Dry, tough and old!!!!!!

Main = Ribs combo with chicken wings and Chips!!!!!

Hot Chips but Dry as hell. Burned Ribs, funny taste!!! Chicken wings are not prepared right. Wings still have the last tip of the wing, you cant eat that, why is this on my plate!!
Skinny Wing not filling.

I asked for a dessert menu, the waiter takes 20 min after I told him that I rather would go and order myself a Mc Donalds cone,

Ice cream @ Mac D's was the best of the Sunday lunch!!!

I would like to tell you not to go and waste your money there to eat!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!! This had me worried!!!!

1  Thank HungryStrand
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Super food - wide menu - never fails. Always one of the first 'restaurants' we make for every year.

1  Thank IvantheOrgan
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Every time I visit the La Romantica, either the one in Stellenbosch or Somerset West, It have been a good food experience, the restaurant offer a great variety of food choices, from pizza, sushi and steaks.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Probably the worst service I have ever received from a restaurant! Waiter was extremely slow and forgetful. Our table ordered starters, along with a large Greek salad for the table which left must to be desired for… Once he brought the starters he omitted to give us small plates for our salad. Only after waiting several minutes and after asking him when wanted to take our main order, did he bring us our plates. However, he did this while he was midway through asking our order and then he ran off to get the plates?
Our food arrived within a reasonable time, but my pasta was cold. I decided not to make a scene and ate half of my food, since I have the world’s respect for waiters and I understand that they are not always at fault.
However, the final straw came when we got our bill and each contributed our individual portions towards the bill. The waiter came to the table and wanted to check our bill at the table even bringing a calculator! This was extremely unprofessional, not because he brought it but rather the manner in which he said he would go and get a calculator and the fact that he did this in front of the other guests. He should have rather taken the bill and check it discreetly at reception. Needless to say our “maths” was 100% in order and he got a tip which he did not earn.
Even their toilets were in a terrible state. First off there wasn’t a single roll of toilet paper in the restrooms and everything from the door handles to the wash basin felt sticky and dirty!
I proceeded to the reception desk to talk with the manager regarding the horrendous service. He was somewhat apologetic, but basically pulled up his shoulders and only said sorry. It would have been appropriate for him to give us the meal for free, but he seemed not the care since we already paid our bill and he has made his money… Really really disappointing to say the least!
P.S. I took the remainder of my pasta in a doggy bag and when I opened up the container the following afternoon at home I found a long black hair in between my pasta!!! It seems like the restaurant even disappoints after you’ve left the place!