“Great networking coffee shop in Greenpoint”
Review of Giovanni's

Giovanni's
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No matter how infrequently you visit, you will always be greeted like a regular.
Reviewed August 28, 2014

In central Greenpoint, Giovanni's is the ideal spot for a quick meal of a cup of coffee. Good business networking.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We Had the pleasure of enjoying a wonderful meal of saltimbocca, kabeljou, steak and linguini plus a well recommended kleine zalze Chenin blanc today. All of which were well prepared, tasty and generously portioned. The restaurant was fully booked yet Cloudious was attentive, helpful and knowledgeable. The management is on top of their game and it shows! A great discovery and definitely worth a good couple if return visits.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been looking for an Italian restaurant for many years that serviced authentic Italian food. Well, between Charles the manager and our waiter Pappas, they steered us through the menu. Fabulous food and now I understand why you have to book for a Sunday night - the place was full. The service was done at 10 star level, never mind 5 stars. We will never forget this restaurant and will certainly tell our friends and go there again and again. Looking forward to meeting Peter the owner, who I understand is actually a young Greek man - interesting.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We've been here numerous times and it never fails to impress. Fabulous food at very reasonable prices, great atmosphere and Dr Ishmael is always the waitron of choice!! One of the few restaurants where they often surprise you with a starter or desert on "the house"

Reviewed August 24, 2014

The attention to detail in every aspect has always impressed, but no better testimonial to Peter's dedication than his staff's performance. They are his family and from your second visit you are part of their's - the waiters make a point of fetching you with a warmth that is real and tangible. When you haven't been for a while you are welcomed like the prodigal son!

On Thursday evening I had the privilege to be a part of a group treated to a multi-course of venison prepared by Peter and his chef, followed by a selection of six different desserts. In his words: Greek owner of Italian restaurant cooking venison(Springbok) for a bunch of South Africans and one Italian - very risky.

Starting with paper thin slices of melt-in-the-mouth liver with caramelized onion on garlic-potato mash, followed by roasted leg with baked fresh fig and roasted veg , washed down with a wide selection of beautiful new wines(the Baleia Bay pinot noir really impressed) and some classics(Vergenoegd still consistantly brilliant), we could not be faulted for thinking we had died and gone to heaven - to be brought back to earth with the best freshly made lassagna I have ever had(with springbok mince of course), and then back to heaven with an impossible-to-choose-from selection of home-made desserts, each with undeniable merit.Never trust a thin customer's opinion on dessert...who called me fat!?

To Peter and family of dedicated staff - risky or not - you have passed the test again! With absolute confidence, I'll keep on referring people to your fine establishment.
Thank you to Jason for organizing(supplied the venison as well) and for including me in the circle of friends.
I'll be back...! I have to - my wife insists - she couldn't make it this time!

Izak Nieuwoudt