All reviews sunday buffet irish pub golf club main restaurant round of golf club sandwich beautiful hotel beautiful surroundings cape town excellent facilities wine tasting enjoyable stay south africa attention to detail skellig estate chapel
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Erinvale hotel is situated in a beautiful setting.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
There are two problems with the place.
One is that the room is very dark and has a musty smell.
There other is that there is no catering for people that don’t eat pork, beef and allergy to fish.
The staff although you request which is what they ask for there is nothing done about it.
All in all the most disappointing place I have been to. Never going back.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ErinvaleHotel, General Manager at Erinvale Estate Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Thank you very much for your contribution to TripAdvisor following your most recent visit to our hotel.

It is indeed appreciated for your kind words on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff and the most beautiful setting of our hotel.

I am very unhappy to hear that you did not enjoy the room and for any inconvenience this caused, I apologise most sincerely.

Regarding your food preference, I noted your comments and wish to add the following. The second our management and staff realised that you prefer to eat only lamb, they firstly offered you immediately some lamb shanks for dinner (not on the menu) and the same night rushed to town to purchase lamb and chicken sausages for the breakfast buffet. They made sure that for the following day the stocked up provisions for any further requirement. I expressed my thanks to the managers and the staff members involved for their proactive attitude and assistance.

It is for this reason that I was very surprised to read your comments and in a way, I am very happy that you posted this on TripAdvisor as it actually highlights our team’s reaction to specific requirements. We will never tire of doing more than our best to make our guest’s stay absolutely positive and memorable.

Once again my apologies for the room not being to your liking.

We once again appreciate you taking the time to reiterate your observations through TripAdvisor.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

I want to say a big thank you to Madge and Neil and their team to make our recent conference a success. They were customer focused and no last minute request was "too much". The food was delicious - I really liked all the vegetable dishes and my colleagues also enjoyed the pork belly. Although the hotel was fully booked, it never felt crowded. I highly recommend the hotel for both conferences and a quiet stay-over.

Trip type: Traveled on business
ErinvaleHotel, General Manager at Erinvale Estate Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Thank you once again very much indeed for your most kind review after your recent stay and conference with us at Erinvale Estate Hotel and Spa.

Thank you also for the special mention of our Banqueting and Food and Beverage team, and I am delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed being at our hotel and that your event was such a great success.

It was a great pleasure to host you, and we look forward very much indeed, to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

With best regards

Reviewed March 17, 2019

Sadly the hotel, food and room did not meet our expectations. We arrived to find a dirty room service tray outside our door, a very noisy fridge, the most awful meal in the ‘Fine Dining’ restaurant. The bathroom was very tired. The tea/coffee wasn’t adequately replaced and we felt the whole hotel needed a facelift.

We won’t be staying again and can’t recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Visit it first, very misleading website
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ErinvaleHotel, General Manager at Erinvale Estate Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

First and foremost let me apologise most sincerely that your stay at Erinvale did not meet your expectations.

I was truly surprised to receive your feedback, as this certainly does not reflect our normal standards of service, nor feedback from our guests. However I do appreciate and understand your concerns and the various issues which you have raised. We will certainly re-evaluate all areas of concern and we will take all necessary action as required.

Once again my sincerely apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused, and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Erinvale.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 12, 2019

We stayed in Erinvale last week and both absolutely loved our visit. Our room was beautiful and we loved our little terrace. Dinner was very good as was breakfast. The setting is lovely and would make an ideal wedding venue with it's little church. Staff were very professional and welcoming . Recommended...

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ErinvaleHotel, General Manager at Erinvale Estate Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful and most kind recommendation and comments, after your recent stay with us at Erinvale Estate Hotel.

I am most delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to make your stay a truly memorable experience. It was our absolute great pleasure to have you stay with us, and look forward very much to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Once again my sincere thanks and very best regards

Reviewed February 5, 2019

Although quite a large hotel, Erinvale is situated amongst lovely peaceful gardens and located alongside an excellent golf course, whilst also being within reach of other popular destinations in Somerest West and Cape Town. There is a wide choice of dining options , and a well designed pub. However, the fine dining menu, whilst impressive, was meagre in quantity of servings. Our room was comfortable, clean and well equipped, with a useful patio seating area. Breakfasts were excellent, with plenty of choices. We played golf at the adjacent course, which was a fantastic experience, but were disappointed to learn that there is little cooperation between the hotel and the golf club to help guests actually reach the club. Transport had to be organised on an independent basis for a journey which was otherwise incredibly short.

Room tip: Courtyard Terrace rooms have outside seating for the ground floor.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
ErinvaleHotel, General Manager at Erinvale Estate Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments after your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and have thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and the facilities and services we provide, as well as the nearby attractions on our doorstep. We are indeed in a most beautiful location in the heart of the winelands, adjacent to the magnificent Erinvale Golf Course, which I am delighted to hear was a wonderful experience.

With regards to the Fine Dining menu, this is based on a four to five course offering, with each dish made with not only the finest ingredients, but providing our guests the opportunity to savour the delights of each dish. I am delighted to hear, that you have enjoyed the extensive buffett breakfast on offer, as well as our Skelligs Pub.

Thank you again for your visit to our hotel, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards