“A little piece of Greece in the Winelands”

George's Greek Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 122 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We've been to George's three times now, and definitely will come back again...and again.
Staff, waiters, chefs and management are all very friendly and welcoming.

Having lived in Greece I usually don't even bother to go to a so called 'Greek restaurant' here as in general it gets confused by drowning food in olive oil, but at George's you can definitely taste the real thing!
From the white bait to the Dolmades to the Souvlaki to the salads, everything we tasted has been delicious!
It's also great that they have some Greek wine and liquor on the menu, as it combines so nicely with the food.
My only regret is that so far I have not been able to sample the deserts, too full from all my meze :)
Lovely setting for uncomplicated dining, will be back.

1  Thank FlyingGonzo_10
There are newer reviews for George's Greek Restaurant

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great family dining with some really great seafood. I had the lamb kleftico which I found disappointing and a bit dry. My brother and wife shared the prawns which were amazing, sorry I did did not go with this option. Will be back to try some other sea food options......

Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you are in Stellenbosch and looking for a great restaurant visit George's Greek! Great food, atmosphere and perfect for kids! You will love it!!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nothing like a beautiful Christmas Eve dinner at a superb restaurant. George's Greek Restaurant has truly blown me away, from a divine starter to a delicious main course. Topped with incredible service and lovely management I can say that this will become a family regular! The entire restaurant takes you into the heart of Greece, from the hand painted walls and vibrant Greek music to the wonderful band that came out of the blue! Thank you to Calli and George( management) for a truly splendid evening! To the young waiter Cleo you were impeccable! THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was so excited about the new Greek restaurant and could not wait to go. Especially after reading rave reviews. So my husband and I invited some friends and off we went.What a disappointment. The waiter was fast, friendly and tried his best but he did not have much to work with. The melitzanosalata was off and despite me bringing this "fermentation" to the owner's attention it was ignored. It was served with the haloumi and tasted funny. I asked waiter and one owner what it was and they did not know.The haloumi was cold and rubbery. The yoghurt for dessert was not decadent at all and it seems like the nuts used was the sprinkling nuts you get at ice-cream shops. . .. This was a waste of money and time.

4  Thank Kitty553