“My Big Fat Greek Christmas!”

George's Greek Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 129 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nothing like a beautiful Christmas Eve dinner at a superb restaurant. George's Greek Restaurant has truly blown me away, from a divine starter to a delicious main course. Topped with incredible service and lovely management I can say that this will become a family regular! The entire restaurant takes you into the heart of Greece, from the hand painted walls and vibrant Greek music to the wonderful band that came out of the blue! Thank you to Calli and George( management) for a truly splendid evening! To the young waiter Cleo you were impeccable! THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was so excited about the new Greek restaurant and could not wait to go. Especially after reading rave reviews. So my husband and I invited some friends and off we went.What a disappointment. The waiter was fast, friendly and tried his best but he did not have much to work with. The melitzanosalata was off and despite me bringing this "fermentation" to the owner's attention it was ignored. It was served with the haloumi and tasted funny. I asked waiter and one owner what it was and they did not know.The haloumi was cold and rubbery. The yoghurt for dessert was not decadent at all and it seems like the nuts used was the sprinkling nuts you get at ice-cream shops. . .. This was a waste of money and time.

4  Thank Kitty553
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just back from a really good dinner at new-boys-on-the-block George's. It was a quiet mid-week night so not too much atmosphere, but we were there for the food and were not disappointed. If you are a carnivore go for the Kleftico...it was absolutely superb, one of the best I have tasted. Two of us had the calamari main which was also well seasoned and delicious. Good service and reasonable wine prices completed a good dining experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great food, friendly staff... you will wait a while for your food as it's a small kitchen with 3 chefs.
Not a big wine list,so take your own wine and pay corcage.
Overall great experience

Reviewed November 30, 2013

A nice welcome from lovely smiling happy staff who settled us into our seats with menu etc. we were a party of 9 so staff were very patient whilst we chatted & caught up with the normal greetings.
Drinks delivered without delay, restaurant wasn't full which for a Saturday night was a surprising as it's a lovely setting, easy parking etc.
Food very disappointing. Over oily, my Moussaka was pleasant but almost no aubergine, salad fresh. Baklava almost no nuts & really tasted nothing like baklava. I liked the staff, location & setting but the food really didn't come close to what I've experienced in Greece.

1  Thank tonyfrasercross