“Great Greek Dinner”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just back from a really good dinner at new-boys-on-the-block George's. It was a quiet mid-week night so not too much atmosphere, but we were there for the food and were not disappointed. If you are a carnivore go for the Kleftico...it was absolutely superb, one of the best I have tasted. Two of us had the calamari main which was also well seasoned and delicious. Good service and reasonable wine prices completed a good dining experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great food, friendly staff... you will wait a while for your food as it's a small kitchen with 3 chefs.
Not a big wine list,so take your own wine and pay corcage.
Overall great experience

Reviewed November 30, 2013

A nice welcome from lovely smiling happy staff who settled us into our seats with menu etc. we were a party of 9 so staff were very patient whilst we chatted & caught up with the normal greetings.
Drinks delivered without delay, restaurant wasn't full which for a Saturday night was a surprising as it's a lovely setting, easy parking etc.
Food very disappointing. Over oily, my Moussaka was pleasant but almost no aubergine, salad fresh. Baklava almost no nuts & really tasted nothing like baklava. I liked the staff, location & setting but the food really didn't come close to what I've experienced in Greece.

1  Thank tonyfrasercross
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been to Greece more than 15 times, so when it comes to Greek food and authentic Greek atmosphere, I'm fussy - just because I love it so much! So I was understandably apprehensive when I heard about George's. How could a place so many miles away from the beauty of Santorini, the aromas of lamb kleftiko cooking slowly in garlic and rosemary somewhere on Paros and the white framed slate streets of the maze of Chora Mykonos be REAL Greece.

Was I surprised! From the moment I walked in with my family and friends I was back in Greece - so much so that I was slightly overwhelmed. From the floor, to the walls, to the menu items on blackboards, to the interesting facts about Greek stuff given in little bits on the walls, to the.... too much to mention.

Great food and great service in a place so much like Greece that it's almost scary!

Bravo George!!! I look forward to my next visit!

2  Thank Pieter_v_Wielligh
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Had an amazing experience at george's greek retaurant!, great food, great wine, and a plesent experience !

2  Thank 750Mariaella