“Delicious”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My taste buds were back in Greece.
Very authentic delicious home cooked Greek food.
Had a long leisurely Sunday lunch. The Greek coffee is a treat.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing an authentically Greek, just like my mom used to make it.
The service was fantastic and the variety available meant there was something for everyone.
Definitely a must try if you're looking for delicious home cooked Greek food!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I took my family to George's Greek Restaurant on Friday night after having watched the new owners preparing the decor over the past six weeks as my wife attends Pilates classes next door.

The decor is incredible creating a feeling exactly the same as the restaurants we visited in Greece and the Greek Islands.

The food matched the decor. It was excellently well prepared and beautifully presented. One of the owners is also the chef - Celli - and she is Greek.

The other partner - George - handles the front desk. Although Friday was their opening night the owners did not open with a big opening event as they wanted to sort out teething problems on the first evening.

The food and decor were both excellent. There were one or two small hiccups in the service on the Friday evening. We returned again last night as we so enjoyed the previous evening. With their full compliment of staff last night, the service was excellent and the small problems of the previous evening had been sorted out.

If you wish to have a "Greek experience, with excellent Greek food, excellent atmosphere and service" then George's Greek Restaurant is the finest you'll find.

We will certainly be returning on a regular basis with our family and friends.

Kotie

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We recently saw Yammas, a REALLY good Greek (ish) restaurant in Somerset West, closing down, and we thought this might be him re-locating. Wow, BIG mistake and even BIGGER disapointment! We had to sit ourselves down, and with the tables arranged too close to each other, the couple next to us had to move their table to make space for us. There was only one very nervous and inexperienced waiter battling to cope, with George (?) more interested in his friends at one of the tables, than the rest of his guests. We had to ask for the wine list that eventually arrived on a small piece of paper with a few items typed on it. I ordered 2 starters as mains and got three burnt strips of haloumi and a lonely slice of lemon arriving on a side plate, with 6 meatballs (+ the lemon) on another side plate. Presentation 1/10. After waiting for a few minutes for my wifes food to arrive, I had to start eating or face a cold meal. I finished it and possibly due to being hungry, it actually did not taste the way it looked, apart from the bitterness of the burnt haloumi. Taste 4/10.

After having started my meal, I called George over to ask about my wife's meal. He eventually came back, saying it will take 3 minutes. I was almost finished with my meal, when the chef arrived, wearing a hair net and sheep skin boots, looking like a school hostel cook... She asked if the filet ordered straight off the menu should be done in a tomato sauce or not!? Long after I finished, the filet arrived in a cold plate and without any apologies. My wife was thoroughly disgusted by what passed for a R125 plate of food. Presentation 1/10 and taste 2/10.

1  Thank Fanus E
Calli B, Owner at George's Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We thank you for your valuable input however we feel it necessary to point out that your unfortunate experience took place only on our second day of trading, and as any food lover should know its very unfair to critique a place while its still cutting its teeth. That said we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We have taken your comments seriously and have sorted everything. We trust that your next visit to us, should you decide to give us a second chance, will be an excellent one.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

George's recently opened, and I've been invited for the opening evening! All I can say is WOW!! A homey Greek feel to the venue with amazing decor, a fire place and a full Menu! Everything I tasted was just mouth watering! I would definitely recommend anyone to visit this unique venue! TRUE authentic Greek Cuisine! I'll be visiting George's often! See you at George's! ;-)