“Excellent food in a friendly setting.”
Review of Woolworths Cafe

Woolworths Cafe
Ranked #86 of 122 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I liked the food best there and I enjoyed the fact that it was attached to the store where I could do some purchases.

There are newer reviews for Woolworths Cafe

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This makes it the 4th time in a row. 5 Weeks ago we spoke to the manager about ordering something from the menu and then only to be informed 10 minutes later that it is not available, and that was the third time. The 2nd of February we walked in and asked if there is anything on the menu that is not available, the waters asked me what it is that I would like, I told her and off she went to check, came back and said they have it. Jackie ordered a croissant, only to be informed 5 minutes later that it is not available. She did not order anything else, we got our coffee and then she was told that they will now be getting her a croissant! Later we were asked if the manager had been to see us because there are now no croissants. No manager made his appearance, we finished our coffees, I still hopefully waited for my order in vain! Three quarters of an hour later I waved to the waitress and asked for the bill for the 2 coffees, no explanation of what happened to my breakfast was offered, when the bill arrived I enquired as to what happened to my order, I was told that there was apparently a mix up in the kitchen! No apology was offered! Yet the shelves in the bakery section had croissants of all varieties!

3  Thank demonies1
Reviewed March 2, 2014

It is alongside a most excellent Woolworths store in the Waterstone Mall near Somerset West. A coffee is a coffee but certainly as good as any other and all so reasonably priced .

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great lunch, well priced and so worth a visit. Cappuccinos are delicious and fruit drinks are the real thing. All produce fresh and tasty.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We wanted to try your Cake and coffee for a change and found this a very disappointing experience.
We were seated....had to wait 10 minutes before we received a menu. Then again another 10 min before we got a cup of coffee and hot chocolate. The Coffee was water - no crema as an Americano should have! Hot Chocolate was dreadful, this was definitely made with water and very little of whatever was added.
The Cake - being a pastry chef myself, I was a little more than shocked. Cheesecake and Carrot Cake, Cheesecake was tasteless with some gunge of sweet Granadilla syrup poured over the top, the Carrot cake was Stodgy and so tasteless. To top off this all, to serve a "decent" piece of cake on an unhyginic wooden board with a piece of paper on, leaves much to be desired.
Would I ever have another piece of cake there - Sadly Never!
Cummon you have all the best quality products, make a lasting impression with the most simple of your menu.
Who ever designed the tables shoud be ashamed of themselves - leaning on this "designer-table" led it to almost topple over!!! I believe there were 4 tables already being toppled and broken.

1  Thank BirgitB27