“Crazy Pricing”

Dining options: Breakfast
Cape Town
“Crazy Pricing”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stopped in for a quick light lunch while shopping. Waited for service 25 minutes till drinks arrived, waitress disappeared, eventually after trying to attract someones attention for ten minutes and being acknowledged but ignored I got up paid and left. Not too sad about that because the prices are way above average and the food I saw going to other tables didn't warrant those prices.

Won't be going back

• Visited June 2013

Cape Town, South Africa
“Very average”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently tried to make a reservation at this particular Melissa's for a large group of friends and kids and was told that they do not allow reservations and that I had to come a bit earlier and wait for a table to become available. Never-the-less, we went there for lunch. As with their Stellenbosch branch, the service was a disappointment. It takes forever to get a waitress to assist you and then even longer before you are served. I might be wrong, but it feels as if their prices are always increasing and their quality decreasing. Our salads had so many leaves in that one had to seriously look for the rest of the ingredients and the single wrap we ordered was dry, with the meat tuff. I was hoping for a better experience here than what we had at Melissa's in Stellenbosch, but walked out thinking that neither of these restaurants impressed with food or level of service.

• Visited May 2013
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Mmm?”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

First visit ever to Melissa's and wasn't enthralled. Scones were dry and jam and cheese were charged extra. Cappuccino was perfect! Brownies looked tempting - should have rather had those! Obviously very popular meeting place.

Visited May 2013
Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
“Love Melissa's!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

So glad that a Melissas has opened in Somerset West! My favourite on the menu is the toasted banana bread. Goes down well with a red latte...

Visited January 2013
Cape Town
“Food was horrible & staff was slack!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was so hungry and Melissa's has a good reputation, but to be honest I was very disappointed and I'll usually eat anything put in front of me, especially if my tummy is grumbling! I had the Thai Fish Cakes, which were rubbery and had an unpleasant flavour, it was expensive too. The staff were very lack lustre, I watched our coffee order arrive in the kitchen area, which wasn't busy at all, the lady responsible for making them cleaned a whole bunch of cutlery before she even bothered to start with the coffees, keeping us waiting a rather long time. The service was shoddy, I had to summon the waiter to order, even though they were not busy and just hanging around chatting. 3pm in the mall, they'd run out of scones... perfect time for afternoon tea? Somerset Mall has lots of cafes and eating options, so I'd not choose to go to Melissa's again.

• Visited April 2013