“Viva Jenna Viva”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

While reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, one can notice that, with the odd exception, the Jenna Viva ‘fanclub’ is growing rapidly. And after being there a couple of times in a row recently, they can add another member to the 'club'.

Don’t expect a fancy restaurant, but do expect a cosy place with very good food and excellent service.

While entering the premises there is a friendly welcome by a staff member and you are guided to your table. The menu offers a nice choice to everyone’s likes and although I haven’t tasted it yet, I am convinced that their sushi will be good too.

Recently I had dinner with a friend. On this weekday quite a few guests had already started to fill up the main part of the restaurant, creating a nice buzz. My dinner partner chose the lamb shank which he complimented with high marks. I had the burger, cooked to perfection combined with crispy chips and mayonnaise, as requested. I ordered a Sterhuis Chardonnay just like last time, which is fabulous. Unfortunately, our friendly waiter returned with the message that this was sold out. When I expressed my disappointment, the manager of the restaurant immediately stepped in offering me to replace this with a (slightly more expensive) Waterford Chardonnay at the same price of the Sterhuis. A gesture which tells a thousand words about the service one can expect here.

Well done Jenna Viva, and we’ll be back soon!

1  Thank LaurentPerrier
Shaun W, Owner at JennaVIVA, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Laurent

Thanks for the great review and for the detail you have shared. We are really chuffed that you are now a JV FAN.

We love what we do and we aim to make JennaVIVA a place that has consistently good food but also that X factor that creates a special vibe and makes people want to come back.

We all look forward to seeing you at JV again soon.

All the best for the season

Reviewed September 25, 2012

What a delightful surpise! JennaVIVA was recommended to us and we were not disappointed! We wound up going back for a second visit and were equally impressed by this establishment. The atmosphere, the staff and the food were all of the highest standard and we were blown away by the attention offered by the staff.

We ate oxtail stew, green curry, a variety of sushi and desserts and were impressed with all the food. I think it is refreshing to find a restaurant who focuses on a limited but varied menu as opposed to being offered a multitude of choices, delivered with mediocrity.It is apparent that this venue is run by 'foodies' who are passionate about quality.

The live music on a Friday night (perhaps they have music on other nights?) was a bonus ...

Despite not living in the area, we will definitely go back.

Lynda Terblanche

Shaun W, Owner at JennaVIVA, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Lynda

We are blown away by your great review! Thank you!
It's great to know that we have hit the mark with you and that you will be returning to us even though you are not a Somerset West local.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The staff is so professional and friendly. The décor is planned to perfection. What a lovely place especially at night. The food is so fresh and cooked to perfection. The Sushi is so fresh and well prepared. If you want good food, company and music then I will suggest you try this. I have been there with my B.Day and that was the best Bday ever. Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Dear Sunet

Thanks for your great compliments about JennaVIVA! We also enjoyed your birthday and are chuffed that you had such a good time.
I will ensure all the staff on duty are given your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My Husband and I have been over to visit family and have come to JennaVIVA a couple of times, and both times we absolutely loved it! Our first visit was for lunch and I had the Sushi which was delicious, the presentation was stunning and it literally melted in my mouth! The second time we came as a group for dinner and there was live music, all our favourites! My husband said it was the best steak he had ever had, so overall we LOVED it!! and Will be back on our next visit, thank you to the staff for making it so special.

Dear Alexandra

Thank you very much for your positive review of JennaVIVA. It is really good to hear that we made a great impression on you.
I hope that you'll be back when next you visit South Africa.

Regards

Reviewed September 15, 2012

As residents of Somerset West JennaVIVA has become our 'Local' since its inception a couple of years back. It has never failed to please,from its top notch food,comfortable and warm atmosphere as well as attentive and friendly service from Shaun and our 'favourite' waiter Patrick.All this together with 'live music' most nights this is a 'gem' of a restaurant!
The food is of a high standard, with
generous portions at reasonable prices.Our favourite is the freshly made Sushi and the 'Posh Fish & Chips'.Coming from the UK originaly you would be hard pressed to find any better there,especialy as it comes served with a great tasting Beer ! (And dont forget the mushy peas !)
Here in the Cape we are spoilt for choice by having some of the countrys Top Restaurants here on our doorstep JennaVIVA deserves a place here !
'The Greeff's'

Shaun W, Owner at JennaVIVA, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

A BIG thank you to the Greeffs! What a vote of confidence! It's great to know we are your local in SW. We love it that you keep coming back to us and that you enjoy our food, our service and the vibe of JennaVIVA.
You are always welcome and we will do all we can to continue to impress you.

See you soon!