“Fabulous!”

The Avontuur Estate Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 123 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Put us on your G.P.S.... Avontuur Estate, nestled on the Helderberg mountain, with horses, vines and Table Mountain in the distance is a calm haven from the hustle and bustle of the city. A mere 45 minute drive from the airport with ample parking, Avontuur is a destination you should have on your GPS. Award winning wines and knowledgeable tasting room staff will pique your taste buds regarding our wines and our restaurant with inside as well as outside seating, has panoramic views to take your breath away. Hearty portions, aromatic flavours and delectable food is the order of the day at the Restaurant, with attention to detail and service excellence being the norm. Call us to book your table, your guests won't be dissapointed. 021 855 4296
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a fantastic evening at Avontuur. The kingklip was simply fabulous, and I just love the way everything is prepared with the freshest of ingredients, and is beautifully presented. These people are passionate about food. The personal service also made the evening special. Thank your- we will be back!

2  Thank Jenny W

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Breathtaking views upon arrival and yet not a single smile to greet you! The service was shocking and slow, even though we were the only table! When we were eventually served, we waited around 20/25 minutes for juices/coffees. When asking for a change to a meal we were met with an irritated attitude and it seemed to be an effort. I specifically asked twice for soft egg and yet still got a hard egg.When asked by the owner whether we enjoyed our food, only when I went to the bathroom, I said I would speak to her later. I was at our table for another half hour and yet she still didn't come near our table. The waitress that we had, seemed to make everything an effort. When it came time to pay, I told the waitress that it does not make me happy to give a tip. She did not even have the decency to query why or ask if/what the problem was. For such beautiful, tranquil surroundings this first (possibly last) visit was most disappointing and not recommended.

3  Thank Shaun F
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was special as usual. The Seafood soup and the chicken liver on Chiapatta was excellent.
The steaks had been prepare at the point. We always enjoy the service of Avril.

1  Thank roleg
Reviewed March 23, 2013

For weeks I have been reading the reviews about Avontuur and last night we had the pleasure of enjoying first hand what everyone was talking about! Beautiful view, warm and welcoming reception and excellent food! ! ! The personalized service was a really nice touch and we found to portions to be generous and well priced. The perfect setting for a celebration, a lovely night (or day!) out or just to enjoy true winelands hospitality at its best! Thank you Zunia for making our evening so memorable

1  Thank LouineD
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I attended my first networking breakfast at the Avontuur Estate Restaurant on Wednesday morning and absolutely loved it. I learnt so much from Karl 'the networking guy' great inspirational talk.Thanks for giving us easy practical tips and ideas we can apply in our businesses that will help us to our networking skills. Well done Zunia, the team and Avontuur for creating this amazing platform we can use to meet other like minded business people whilst enjoying a fabulous breakfast and some great wines. I will definitely be there for the next networking session - hope to see you there!! Margi Hoffe - The Ultimate Inner Edge - live blood analysis Practitioner, Reiki Master and Intuitive Life Coach

1  Thank MargiHoffe