“Cozy, rainy, winter breakfast by the fireplace... Divine”

The Avontuur Estate Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Put us on your G.P.S.... Avontuur Estate, nestled on the Helderberg mountain, with horses, vines and Table Mountain in the distance is a calm haven from the hustle and bustle of the city. A mere 45 minute drive from the airport with ample parking, Avontuur is a destination you should have on your GPS. Award winning wines and knowledgeable tasting room staff will pique your taste buds regarding our wines and our restaurant with inside as well as outside seating, has panoramic views to take your breath away. Hearty portions, aromatic flavours and delectable food is the order of the day at the Restaurant, with attention to detail and service excellence being the norm. Call us to book your table, your guests won't be dissapointed. 021 855 4296
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Was hoping to catch this one on a sunny day, to sit outside sipping on some wine, but it was fantastic on a cold rainy one too. We were seated right by the fireplace in a warm and comfortable atmosphere, and the food was fantastic, very generous portions! I will most certainly make my way back there again for many lunches and breakfasts to come!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was doing the wine route with some guests but we hadn't planned on doing it and no reservations. We tried to get into Sophia's on Morgenster but they were full. The lovely manager, however, recommended Avontuur. i had not even heard of it but we called and they had room. Well, what a great surprise. The received us very warmly, treated us wonderfully, even thought they were pretty full and busy and the food was great!!! My guests had the mushroom soup and they were impressed. I had the mussels starter as a main course. They were done as a Thai curry vs the usual wine sauce. It was FANTASTIC. The lamb chops were done as well as I have seen anywhere and my guest's vegetarian pasta dish looked pretty amazing. Prices were reasonable for what you were getting.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We go to Avontuur's Restaurant every month and without fail, I have the Avontuur breakfast because it is just that good! We've come to know the owners intimately and so passionate about they do ten years later.

The venue is situated in the beautiful wine growing region of Stellenbosch and with horses on the farm, it makes for some wonderful photo opportunities.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a regular at Avontuur and I always will come back!
Ambiente & Food & Service = Fabulous time out. Excellent value for money.
Well done Ladies at Avontuur.
Lisa, the Space Lady

Reviewed October 21, 2012

A rainy and grey Sunday in the Winelands, not what you expect in springtime, so how could we let the sun shine today ? Cripsy duck and deep fried ice cream the way Zunia, the chef of Avontuur prepares it definitely did the trick for me and 9 of my friends. It was a tough choice having seen the Kingklip in herb crust and Lovers lemon tart come by...mmmmmmmm lekker ! The kids went for a walk and admired the horses after the delicious meal. Te wonderful surroundings just make you forget about the grey weather. I took a bottle of superb Luna de Miel Chardonnay with because that is how you best share a part of this delicious adventure (Avontuur ! ha ha) with those who unfortunately couldn't join...