“Excellent food and Service”

D'vine Restaurant @ Willowbrook Lodge
Ranked #34 of 119 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: International, European, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, UK
“Excellent food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Lovely food, wine list and service. Modern cuisine.

Visited December 2011

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Attention to detail much appreciated as well as wonderful food.

Visited January 2011
Bergen, Norway
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

The food is very good. The service is excellent in a discrete and personal way.
The restaurant is cosy and charming in a very nice setting. Value for money and worth many visits.

• Visited November 2010
Brighton, UK
“Service slipping, portion size too small”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

We chose the February tasting menu with wine pairings to be told it was no longer available. (sold out a few days earlier - so why was it in the menu or atleast why weren't we told about it.

Ordered another starter that was so unmemorable we can't work out what it was & crispy ravioli as starters. The crispy ravioli was excellent but diminutive - it would have been ok for a five course meal.

The fillet steak main would be called a ladies steak anywhere else. Probably a 150g, I asked fir medium rare but it was medium ( I didn't complain as it was still succulent) and I wasn't the only dinner annoyed about this. My wife had a reasonable fishcake main.

When it came to the bill I paid r600 for a r500 bill. After about ten minutes I went to enquire about my change and was told by the waitress that I should have asked for my change! Usually you would get asked if you wanted change or the assumption would be that all your change would be returned to the table for you.

So at the same time I mentioned that the steak and ravioli starter courses were too small. I was plainly ignored.

This place needs to resolve it's service issues, if you want the old service that it used to have go to Taste in Stellenbosch and don't bother with here.

It also feels like you're a guest I'm someones house which isn't a good thing. But the garden is a gem and it was nice to walk under the stars between courses

1 Thank skostar
somerset west
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“vastly under rated. Excellent food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

Often overlooked in favour of the more flashy local wine estate restaurants D'vine serves really good food ( I have been there with friends or business 3 times this past month). Their apple strudel dessert is far and away the best I have ever tasted ( and that is a lot!).
Highly recommended restaurant.