“An excellent day all round”

Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Somerset West
More attraction details
Owner description: exclusive private wine tours of the Cape of South Africa
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Richard was a wonderful and knowledgeable host and we all thoroughly enjoyed the day as well as learning a lot about Cape Town and its wines.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Greatest A, Owner at Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Huge thanks Paul - much look forward to seeing you again next month and meeting your wife too. Very best, Richard

There are newer reviews for Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was arranging a trip for members of the Algarve Wine Society - experienced wine tasters from Portugal. Richard did an excellent job arranging the visits to the various wineries, as well as organizing accommodation, meals etc. We were very specific in our brief and all our requirements were met in full, with us opting for nearly all of his suggestions.

In addition most members booked pre and/or post trip visits through Richard, and again there were no complaints! It was a pleasure doing business with an expert in his chosen fields.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Greatest A, Owner at Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Hi Michael, huge thanks for your kind words. I hope you and Catherine are both well, ad wish you a very happy Christmas and new year.
very best,
richard

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Richard Hilton is not only a travel guide but a wine producer himself. He did not only showed me some beautiful wine-estates, enabled me to taste some wonderful wines and educated me on the wine making process, he also complemented this with the history of the Cape area. I had a memorable day in the Wineland and I would highly recommend Richard Hilton to anyone.

Hi Jossef,
It was a real pleasure meeting you and showing you around the Cape winelands. So pleased you found it fun and informative. I too learnt a lot from you!
wishing you a very healthy and happy 2014,
Best wishes
Richard

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Richard took my family, including two fairly young children, on a superb wine tour last week where we experienced some of the best wineries in the area around Stellenbosch. We went to places which we would not have found ourselves without many hours of research and enjoyed learning about the history of wine-making in the Cape. Richard was a charming host with deep knowledge of his craft, many contacts in the industry, as well as the inside scoop on the places which we visited, many of which were in the most beautiful settings. We will definitely book a day with him again when we are next in Cape Town and we now definitely know what to order with dinner when in South Africa!

GreatestCapeTravel, Owner at Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments which are so important to me.. I relish sharing my experiences of the Cape wine lands with wine lovers and connoisseurs alike, and am so very happy you enjoyed the day out. Until we meet again! Very best, Richard

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Richard took us on a tour that not only allowed us to learn about and enjoy the fabulous countryside, estates and wines of the Western Cape, but that truly took us behind the scenes at some of the most prestigious labels in the area. Being a wine maker himself, he explains everything and anything you might think of asking and he does it with historic insight and a passion that ensures there is never a dull moment in a very full day. Absolutely brilliant and we will for sure be back!

GreatestCapeTravel, Owner at Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

It was lovely to meet you and be able to share my experiences of the Cape winelands with you - hope to see you back in SA one day, and please contact me before hand so that I can assist you with soem special arrangements.

Best wishes