“If Ibwas not there before I would not go back”
Review of Steffanie's Place

Steffanie's Place
Ranked #5 of 126 Restaurants in Somerset West
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

On arriving we told the waiter that we want our main dish 30-45 mins after the starter. Our main course arrived 5 minutes after our starter, after sending it back twice it was sorted out. The main dish I ordered was the Chefs Main, Rib Eye steak that was cooked to perfection BUT very tough!! My wifes Kingklip was cooked to prefection!! If we were first visitors we would have not come back to Steffanie's but cause we know how good they are we will have another go!!

1  Thank vanDykNelspruit

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate here twice and both times the restaurant was buzzy and full. The staff are attentive and knowledgable about the food and wines they serve.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

As said elsewhere the venue is in a lovely location with great views but can be spoiled by the cigarette smokers outside.
We got a lovely welcome and a nice table. A very nice young lady read through the menu for us on the blackboard as if delivering a Shakespearian soliloquy and the rack of lamb sounded great so the three of us went for that. However when it arrived the small ribs we were expecting were very large and not grilled but obviously slow cooked. They were ok but not what we were expecting. When we queried this we were told that they were "rack of shoulder" which we all thought was nonsense.
Came away with a feeling that the restaurant isn't as good as it thinks it is.

2  Thank JeffBarnes
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Sadly the name sake of this establishment lost her battle, with cancer, very recently. This restaurant is an ode to Steffanie and Werner. The service was wonderful, the food outstanding and the whole "feeling" inviting and welcoming. Great dinner and we'll definitely be back.

2  Thank Teri W
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had 2 great evenings at this restaurant. Attentive staff, good food and great wine selection, hence we returned for a second meal a few days later. Steaks were cooked to our liking. I cannot think of anything negative to say. I left on both nights, very happy, so I rest my case. Great views too.. I'm a business traveller, so am used to dining out frequently. Give it a go. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Mark S