“Great honeymoon accomodations!”

Blaauwheim Guest House
Ranked #1 of 81 Somerset West B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We had World Cup tickets and decided to plan our honeymoon around the games. Unfortunately South Africa was in the middle of winter at this time. With the few days of cold wet weather and our hectic travels, Blaauwheim proved to be a little oasis on our honeymoon. The building is beautiful, the rooms are beyond fantastic, and the Blaauw’s are marvelous hosts. The rooms are very spacious, very clean and extremely comfortable. Rarely am I able to get that comfortable when I am away from home, but our days spent at Blaauwheim replenished us! The beds are huge and the sheets are soft, making the inviting bed hard to get out of in the morning. The bathrooms are equipped with everything you need and more, including two person showers & bathtubs and heated floors that were a God send on some of the cold nights. The Blaaw’s are amazing cooks and made us the best breakfasts we had on our entire trip, hands down. They are also fun to talk with and helped us plan our day trips, calling and making us reservations when needed. I can’t think of a better reprieve during a busy vacation then a few nights at Blaauwheim . I honestly wish I was there right now!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2010

After several pleasant e-mail conversations during the months ahead, we finally met the Blaauw family and had a wonderful stay at Blaauwheim, elegant, spacious, comfortable, safe and clean home of Johan and Jo Anne. They made us feel very welcome indeed and it felt like visiting family. Even their pets (dog, cat, parrot and squirrel) were friendly with us. Johan and Jo Anne also prepared delicious meals and on my birthday they surprised us with 'African snoek on the braai', a true delicatesse! We especially appreciated the personal touch! From this guesthouse it is easy to get to Cape Town, the Cape peninsula, the international airport, Stellenbosch and other wine areas as well as other locations of interest. This guesthouse is absolutely worth visiting!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Being in the hotel industry myself , I found that when it comes to luxury and comfort this hidden gem surpasses some of the top 5star hotels in the Cape province. Alot of time and energy has been put into creating pure elegance and charm.
As for the owners Johan and Joanne Blaauw they give a whole new dimension to the word hopitality.
I highley recommend this guest house to anyone who is looking for that personal touch.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This guest house is a true hidden gem! This is one of the best guest houses I have ever stayed in Africa. Rooms are very spacious, clean and modern. All the amenities are up-to-date. Johan and Jo-Anne are very gracious hosts and have put to use all their experiences from living and travelling around the world. They are very professional and their attention to the details made my stay memorable and comfortable. They went out of their way to accomodate my requests.

I found the rooms very quite, a very relaxing place to work or just enjoy the nature with the fabulous views. Their suites have everything you will need while away from home. It's hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Cape Town city center yet easily accessible to Cape Point, Cape Town water front etc. I gladly recommend this place and give a score of 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Blaauwheim. Our hosts Johan and Jo-anne catered for our every need and I was especially impressed with their warm and sincere approach to guests. My son (4) accompanied us and our hosts made every effort to accommodate him and any special requests we had in respect of his sleeping arrangements and dietary requirements.

The accommodation is very luxurious, beautifully furnished and situated in a secure setting in Somerset West, with easy access to the highways on the one hand and Stellenbosch and the tranquility of the Cape on the other.

The catering and cuisine was ecxellent and I enjoyed Johan's "special brew" coffee and local jams and preserves at breakfast.

My son enjoyed the garden, the birdlife and the local squirrel population and loved the family of chameleons.

I would suggest that travellers take time out to linger longer in the garden and enjoy a leisurely breakfast.

I have no reservations in recommending Blaauwheim.

Riana Gouws

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Blaauwheim is highly recommended as a five star guest house with Johann and Jo-anne always prepared to walk the extra mile. Friendly people in a quiet superb setting. Thanks.
Chris le Roux
NATIONAL TOUR GUIDE:KZN 160

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2010

On our recent trip to Cape Town and the Garden Route we spent the last four days at Blaauwheim. It was the perfect place to end our holiday, because Johan & Jo-Anne thought of the entire nice little details weary travellers appreciate when they built and decorated their B&B. Besides the warm welcome and personal service we found ourselves in a very spacious two-room apartment, stylishly furnished throughout with high quality goods. Everything at Blaauwheim is simply generous from the personal attention to the oversized and very comfortable beds. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Silver Forest Boutique Lodge & Spa
Cape Vermeer
Cape Vermeer
#3 of 81 in Somerset West

Been to Blaauwheim Guest House? Share your experiences!