“Learned a lot about Monkeys”

Monkey Town Primate Centre
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This centre covers monkeys from around the globe. Excellent place to visit with kids and family who are interested in wild life. You also get chance to play with small monkeys.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"rainy day"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2014

One of the highlights of our trip to Capetown. Our tour guide Alan was knowledgeable, kind and enthusiastic. He provided tours and was our chaperone when we played with monkeys. Bring along a video camera. You can feed and play with some of the tame monkeys. Super fun for the whole family. They also have hedgehogs, exotic birds and 250 species of monkeys. A friendly, fun place.

1  Thank ElaineNYC123
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am so glad we found this gem of a place! The love and passion the staff and management has for the animals are amazing. All the animals were well looked after and what I noticed most was the love the animals have for their keepers. The spider monkeys were catching rides on their keepers' shoulders, the chimps absolutely adore their keeper and communicated so beautifully with him. I really had the best day and can not wait to bring all my family and friends to Monkey Town. I would advise that you join the 12h00 tour that includes the public feeding times - an absolute must! I really enjoyed the fact that you as the visitor are basically walking in an enclosed tunnel whilst the monkeys are roaming free on top of you in a natural forest. Great idea!!

1  Thank mariaan r
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We visited Monkey Town Primate Centre over the weekend and LOVED IT :) My children did not want to LEAVE!!! The 12:30 feeding time talk was very informative. We loved the 13:00 chimpanzee lunch time feeding and learned so much.

I have read some of the reviews written, I would suggest that the next time you visit Monkey Town spend some extra time at the centre, the staff is very informative and will answer all your questions.

My children loved the park and we spend the rest of the day in the FUN PARK at Monkey Town

I will most definitely take my friends and family AGAIN!!!!

1  Thank Mangeroo
See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I really don't like caged animals, but I took my grandson here and he loved it. The venue is a bit rundown and could clearly do with some funding. Its quite expensive as well. However I was surprised by the amount of space most of the animals had, they looked well cared for and well fed. All enclosures were clean as well. Try to take the tour, its very informative and geared towards the kids.