Review Highlights
Lake Pleasant Chalets & Lodges

Very nice and quiet place to stay with most amenities available. Could have used wifi but we... read more

Reviewed June 27, 2018
HermanK449
Benoni, South Africa
Piecefull and quited. Safe for pets and children.

The best camping site in the area and there are a lot camping sites. Maintenance is falling behind... read more

Reviewed March 5, 2018
johanoo8
Cape Town Central, South Africa

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 4, 2018

I took my wife to Lake Pleasant Living for our anniversary and stayed for 2 nights. WOW, what an amazing place. The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable. The bed and linen, as well as the bathroom and kitchenette were top notch and well equipped.
I booked my wife into the spa for the full day treatment and she had a permanent smile for the next few days :-). She absolutely loved it. Fishing in Groenvlei lake was also rewarding and relaxing; the resort has boats you can use and fishing equipment for hire. The restaurant had all the usual items on the menu and the food was good.

All in all, a very rewarding anniversary for us at a very rewarding location!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed January 1, 2018

We went bass fishing here once. We rented a small motorboat at a reasonable price and enjoyed an afternoon of fishing. WE caught a number of fish and had much fun. Good alternative day out for those who don't only want to see the ocean.

(Last Visit 2002)

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed November 13, 2016

Walking by the vlei was relaxing but dissappointing.
I expected to see birds nesting in the reeds. I wasnt able to see birds across the lake like I, had been able to at Rondevlei.They say you can swim there on thë "beach" at the lake, but I didnt find it attractive or tempting.It is fascinating that it is the only undeground spring fed, fresh water lake in the area.
It is also nice for water sport enthusiasts to either kayak, sail,or fish, but I was expecting more birdlife and a better view.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Quiet and tranquil. A great area for Birdwatching. A favourite for fishermen too.
Get away from the rush and relax.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Walk through ancient fynbos and trees in the dunes that line Groenvlei, taking the well-marked trail up the dunes to eventually have a panoramic view of the entire lake, sparkling in all its peaceful beauty. A genuine treat for nature lovers! There is a picnic table at the start of the trail.

Date of experience: August 2016