Afrovibe Adventure Lodge
$137
$133
Dover on Sea B&B(Sedgefield)
$96
Pine Lake Marina(Sedgefield)
Sedgefield Arms(Sedgefield)
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewspizzapili piligarden routecape townbeer pongsuper friendly staffcommon roombeach barbeautiful beachdorm roomhear the wavesclean roomsawesome locationsituated rightbar next doortour groupsouth africa
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We needed an overnight stay in the sleepy Slow Town and picked this spot because of previous reviews on Tripadvisor. A friendly, efficient welcome had us on a thorough tour of available facilities and we were allowed to settle in our (spacious) en suite double room. This was clean, neat and had a view over the ocean and communal outdoor entertainment area. This backpackers also offers a small lounge and kitchen area as well as a roof area with jacuzzi if the sea is too daunting (beware of rip tides). After a long beach walk we settled at the bar area for a beer and unfortunately had to miss the lively party on Saturday night - had arrangements with friends in the village.

When we returned, we noticed a huge bonfire blazing away in the outside entertainment area - this helped the party crowd keep the cool night breeze at bay. We also saw a pizza oven going and although we did not have a taste, it certainly looked good! During the day, there is a small coffee shop with light meals.

It was a cool Autumn evening, but we were able to thaw out in the piping hot shower and warm our room thanks to a wall mounted heater. Slept like zombies with the last sound we could remember being the music from downstairs and the waves on the beach.

We will surely stay longer next time, as there is a long list of adventures and activities that we would like to explore. I earmarked the tandem paragliding from the hill behind the village. I think my husband will prefer trying out surfing the waves.

If you are in Sedgefield on as Saturday morning, do visit the Wild Oats Farmers market for their lovely produce - you can really find everything for a picnic there. The adjacent Scarab Craft market is also a treat!

Exceptional setting and friendly hosts. We frequent backpackers regularly and this one is highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a sea facing room, but remember you have to be tolerant of the music from downstairs. If you need quieter sleeping quarters, go for east facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReisSouthAfrica
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thanks for your review ReisSouthAfrica. We are indeed very happy that you chose to stay in our sleepy Slow Town and that you had a memorable experience.

We look forward to your next visit and will certainly make sure you get to tick a few of your adventures off from your bucket list! :-)

We look forward to welcoming you back to Afrovibe!

Kindest regards,
Lyle and the Afro team

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Afrovibe is the place to go! There was 18 of us girls on a tour, we started in Cape town and then arrived at Afrovibe. Wow ! We were amazed when we pulled up! We had thought that Cape town was the place to be, but oh no Myoli Beach was! The Staff were very welcoming and friendly. There is a range of activities to do if you wish and the rooms are clean and spacious. You pay less than what the experience encounters.(Well worth the MONEY!) We stayed for one night, which was not longer enough!They Catered for us all and we enjoyed a BBQ on the terrace at night. We also enjoyed the Beer Pong and the fire outside ,where people relaxed whilst there was an amazing singer who played a guitar.

You have never experienced PARADISE if you have not been here yet!
The people are beautiful and so is the place!
Thank you for an Amazing experience! I will treasure this within my memories!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Afrovibe, Owner at Afrovibe Adventure Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Hi Yasmine W,
It fills our hearts with joy to receive a review as warm as yours. Thank you! It is not often that we have 18 girls traveling together- your company was well appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Afrovibe hostel is a fantastic hostel located right on the beachfront. It has a really chilled out and laid back athmosphere plus all the people there are friendly and inviting.
Its very well looked after and has a great range of activities on offer such as Horse Riding, Canoeing, Paragliding, Wakeboarding etc......

Rooms - The rooms were lovely, much better than I expected for a hostel. They were more like hotel rooms with a double or twin bed and a bunk bed so you could sleep up to 4 people plus they were ensuite too. The decor was really nice and towels and soaps were provided. Its was clean and bright looking. The bathrooms were clean and everything was in working order.

Food - We had our evening meal at the hostel which was a chicken stew and rice. The meal was served in the courtyard which had picnic tables and sand on the floor with a real fire going in the centre. The meal was very tasty and there was plenty of it. We stayed as part of a tour so I'm not sure if they regularly provide meals or if you have to prepare your own.

The hostel had a reception and tour desk where you can book trips and a surf shop which was really well stocked with surf boards and clothing. It had a bar and a games area, we played Beer Pong all night which was fantastic fun.

This hostel is owned by a local guy and his brother. It was a really friendly place and all the staff too time to chat to us and show us their fire throwing, guitar playing and beer pong skills. We all had a great nigh here.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hostel to anyone passing through Sedgefield. I would recommend it both for backpackers and also your couples and even families as the rooms were great for a family with children. I loved the roof top terrace and the hot tubs on the roof. There was a fantastic view of the beach and sea from the roof terrace.

Brilliant hostel guys, keep up the great work :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Rachel G,
Thank you for an exceptionally thorough review. Our jobs would be made so much easier if we had more guests like you.

We really appreciate you taking the time for our review and hope to see you back at Afrovibe soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have so many great things to say about Afrovibe Adventure Lodge, this was my absolute favorite beach stop on our tour of the garden route. I am a travel agent from Canada and have stayed in many beautiful places, but Afrovibe has certainly topped my list! The amazing staff will make sure you have a great time, we loved the roof top hot tub and the views are absolutely stunning! So many fun things to do around Sedgefield it was hard to choose, so I spent the afternoon wakeboarding on the lagoon, which I highly recommended! :D Met so many awesome people at the lodge, good times, great music, and great people! Myoli beach is one of the most stunning beaches I have seen, Afrovibe couldnt have picked a more beautiful location! My only complaint is that I did not get to stay long enough, so needless to say I am looking forward to my next trip to South Africa and a much longer stay at Afrovibe Adventure lodge !! :)

Room Tip: If traveling with a small group or family the suites are perfect!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jessica E,
Thank you so much for this review and entertaining us with your angelic voice during your stay. The fires have not burnt as brightly in your absence. Please come back and visit us again sometime!

Kind regards from the Afrovibe Team

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I will begin the review by telling you that my plan was originaly to stay at Afrovibe Lodge for 2 nights, 5 buses cancelled and 2 weeks later I was finally able to tear myself away from what in my opinion is the best hostel in South Africa. It is situated practically on the beautiful Myoli beach. The roof top has two jacuzzis perfect for lounging in the hot African sun and drinking cold beer with mates and friendly staff members with a stunning view of the ocean. The dorms and private rooms are clean, tidy and spacious. The common room is inviting and the beach bar is great fun day or night. The owner Lyle and his lovely staff members go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and at home. Valentines day I was woken with white roses shoved under my nose! Every girl at the lodge that day had been presented with flowers. My advice to you: Go to Sedgefield and stay at Afrovibe you won't regret it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Dear Lucy C,
You are the sweetest valentine we have had! :-) Don't forget to save your energy for a na.... swim in the sea.

We miss you and hope to see you back at Afrovibe soon!