“Afrovibe-a Must Join”

Afrovibe Adventure Lodge
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I travelled from JoBurg down to Cape Town and Myoli Beach was my last stop before I headed towards CT. Unfortunately I only could stay two nights...This place was one of the most relaxing and feels-like-home places I've been to. Afrovibe is just one step away from the beautiful Myoli Beach. The Sunset is just amazing! The staff was the type of staff that I really appreciate,- very friendly, caring, you feel welcome and at home, passionate in what they are doing, authentic and lots of fun as well. The place itself was very clean, staying in a room felt like staying in a well-rated hotel, lovely and tidy. Braiis can be joined in the wonderful outside sandy area with a fireplace right at the beach-you can hear the waves and even smell the salt, its so close! It has a huge top deck with a stunning view towards the sea, you can even relax in a whirlpool there. This place is worth it in every single way. JOIN IT on your South African trip along the Garden Route... You will love it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Afrovibe, Owner at Afrovibe Adventure Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thanks so much for your positive review NiSu2011. We are passionate about what we do & it really warms our hearts knowing that people appreciate and enjoy our efforts.

We hope to see you again soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed at Afrovibe while traveling the Garden Route. The rooms were very clean, spacious and beautiful balcony views looking to the beach and ocean. They have a rooftop which has a great view during sunrise or sunset. Staff was really very nice. We actually had a traditional African Braii (for the US - outdoor BBQ with grill and firepitt) where the owners invited their friends to give us the full experence. If you get to meet Lyle, you also get to meet his awesome dog. Good for fun minded crew in their 20's.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us Cara, we're very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us!

Come back soon! :-)

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've been good times in afrovibe. I've just stayed there for 2 days but it was enough to knowing and feeling a few that place. They were very hospitable and friendly with us.
The everthing we've needed in south africa, the Afrovide and company were helpfull with us.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

We're happy to hear that you had good times with us at Afrovibe Thayara. :-)

Come visit us again soon!
-Lyle

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Well, I was told to stop here on my travels through the Garden Route. I was also told that this is a kite boarding spot with many other exciting adventures on offer, which is so true, but not really a surfing spot to stop at. I was so surprized to get there and surf my brains out all alone! Classic beach breaks and A solid left hander! When I returned from my surf all smiles late in the afternoon, I was greeted by the friendly staff that booked me in earlier. This awesome establishment is right on the beach! These guys make friends with you, and make you feel right at home! Cold beers next to the huge fire that burns every night, and a wide veriety of great food. Every evening you will find the entire lodge enjoying sundowners from the rooftop. The sun here sets over the see and makes for epic photo's! You can also jump into either of the two jacuzi's!

I was supposed to stay for two nights, but soon realised that this would not even be close to enough time to visit "The Hotel California"! I call this cool place this because you can book out but can never leave! Even noe two months after my visit I'm still there in spirit. Even the building looks like the real thing! The rooms are clean and spaciouse, there's also a wide veriety of double rooms and dorms. All the prices are so reasonable, from the Bar to the resturant and rooms alike.

Lyle at the forefront and leader of the pack is a great guy, helpfull and so friendly! He's also the king of the 'BEER PONG" table! The rest of the team are just as nice and they all create the "Vibe" at Afrovibe! This is a must for anyone looking for adventure, to make new friends, enjoy the beach, have fun in the sun, go on tours, play in the ocean or even fall in love!

THE DRIFTER.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! The ocean facing rooms are great for it's views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nolte_12
LeighKatzen, Front Office Manager at Afrovibe Adventure Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback Nolte. It was great having you here at Afrovibe.
We hope to welcome you back here soon.

Kind regards, Leigh

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed at Afrovibe on my way from Cape Town to PE and actually just wanted to stay for 1 night first! But because of the great location and the super friendly staff I stayed a few days more and even returned on my way back to Cape Town.
It's a very relaxing place with the beach only a few steps away, a restaurant, bar and an amazing rooftop with jacuzzis!
You can do various things from there and the staff will be happy to help you organize everything. I did horseriding and wakeboarding which were both great fun.
I will definetely return to this place when I'm back in South Africa! And I hope lots of other people get to experience this lovely place too!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Luana B

Thank you Luana, your feedback is important to us. We are very happy that you had such a good experience at Afrovibe.
We look forward to your return.

Keep well
Leigh

Reviewed February 6, 2012

What an awesome experience! I am embarrassed to say I was a local from George (living in Cape Town now) because Lyle and his team showed us an AWESOME time at the lodge! Comfortable rooms and loads of activities...Afrovibe is definitely my new home away from home with excellent location!! Will be back guys with more friends!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review us. The team at Afrovibe prides itself in making everyone feel at home.

Hope to see you again soon.
Leigh

Reviewed February 5, 2012

My family and I (9 family members) stayed at Afrovibe Myoli on the 26 th. og December. Of all the 8 places (backpackers) we stayed on on our trip Cape Town- Addo return me and my family definitely found this one place to be in the low end unfortunately. First of all we´d been promised a bunk-room for ourselves which we did not get . Second, the bunk-room showed out to be located in a hallway where all people could could and did pass through all the evening and night so that half of the family did not get much sleep until 3 am. Third , the sheets had not been shifted in 3 of our beds and the floor was dirty. However the bar and beach was great and we all loved that. All in all , beautiful location but to busy and untidy for our taste :-)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Afrovibe Lars. Your initial enquiry was for 3 private rooms, since we did not have any availability on private rooms you chose to book a mixed dorm for your family. Mixed dorms are budget accommodation which is shared with other guests. There must have been a misunderstanding with you thinking that the dorm would be exclusively for you, if that is what was expected all 12 beds should have been booked and paid for. Since the dorms are shared the only people that should walk in & out of the room are the residents checked are into the room. All our rooms that have been occupied get serviced before new check-ins are processed so I am certain that your bed sheets would have been changed. If you had let us know that you were unhappy on the day we would have done what we can to enhance your stay.

I hope that you enjoyed South Africa and that you and your family will come back to visit again soon.

Kind regards,
Lyle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedgefield
Afrovibe Beach House
#3 of 24 in Sedgefield
Pine Lake Marina
Pine Lake Marina
#6 of 12 in Sedgefield

Been to Afrovibe Adventure Lodge? Share your experiences!