“Good place for backpackers to stop over”

Afrovibe Adventure Lodge
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The backpackers is right on the beach and a nice place to stay. It is a very social place and would best suit young backpackers who would like to stay up latish and enjoy company of others, especially suitable for surfers. I had a double room at the front and the room was clean and spacious and comfortable. There was a table and also TV and equipment to make coffee. The only problem was that it was rather noisy as there are many downstairs partying till latish. The noise travels up. If your aim is to party with other young travellers, it is very suitable. For those wishing to sleep, it is not as suitable - depends what you are after, so suitable for younger people not older ones I would say.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Afrovibe, Owner at Afrovibe Adventure Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, your opinion is highly valuable.
We have started closing the outside terrace of the bar downstairs at 11PM to eliminate this noise problem. We aim to cater for all travellers- youth travellers as well as for the young at heart! :-)

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My stay here coincided with my 21st birthday so was easily able to organise a roof top party with great views, a braii, two Jacuzzi's and drinks. The day was topped off with a great price on paragliding and a clean fresh room with more than I would expect in a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us, we appreciate it and are pleased to know that you had a pleasant experience. We hope to share your 22nd, 23rd, 24th and even your 25th birthday with you!

Reviewed August 2, 2011

This place offers you a variety of sports activity. The staff is very friendly and the food is amazing. The rooms are nice, clean and the lodge is right in front of the beach and a few minutes walking to a beautiful river mouth. The price is also valued for what they offer and is located on the road trip between Cape Town and J-Bay. While I was there, I also met friendly local people. I will be back soon for sure!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to your visit in December!

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My first and last nights in South Africa were spent at Afrovibe Adventure Lodg and i had the most fun during my stays. The staff was amazing and so friendly and taught me a lot about what South Africa was going to be like. The ocean was beautiful and I could see it right from my window. I spent hours on the beach playing in the water, finding sea shells, and taking pictures in the sun set. I met amazing people during my stays and absolutely can not wait to come back to this amazing backpackers. I will never forget my stays with them!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review, its great knowing that we left a lasting impression! :-)

Hope to see you back on the sunny shores of South Africa very soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2011

To be fair, I only spent one night in this Lodge and couldn't make use of the variety of activities they offer. However, from this particular night I'd have expected more: The water in the shower was only sporadically hot, the dormitory lacked space for storing luggage, and it was really cold in the room.

Despite greatly situated I could not really befriend this backpackers.
I am sorry. That's only my opinion. I assume that it suits perfectly well for other guests, especially surfers.

• Stayed: April 2011

Thanks for taking the time to rate your stay, I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. In an attempt to save energy we had been running our geysers at 60% which generally seems to be sufficient. It turns out that on occasions when big group booking are checked in there is a need for more hot water. So, on these occasions geysers are now run on full throttle.

We hope that you decide to stay with us again & this time around every attempt will be made to befriend you.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

This amazing hostel/backpackers is a perfect location for beach and adventure sports lovers!

I have visited Myoli Beach 3 times and can highly recommend doing all these fun activities, such as paragliding, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. Their inhouse adventure center makes sure you will be able to book all the activities you would like to try out, their friendly staff will help you with that and other inquiries you might have.

After a fun day of activities you will be able to share you experiences with other guests and the staff at the bar. If you're a seafood lover, please try the huge prawns in their restaurant, they're delicious! And book the private room with the sea view if you like waking up overlooking the ocean.

If you're searching for a new, clean, active and fun place along the Garden Route, this is the place to be!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Afrovibe, Owner at Afrovibe Adventure Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Thank you for your review Esther, we're very pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. :-) It was great meeting you & we look forward to your next visit!

Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Reviewed March 29, 2011

just got back from four days at myoli beach and can't say enough good things... was the perfect vac from cape town and the slowness of sedgefield was about as chilled as could be. good food, cheap beer, chilled out vibe and amazing deals on surfing, paragliding and other adventures. bottom line, if you're coming out this way, you should probably stop by.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Katzenova, Owner at Afrovibe Adventure Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thanks for your review Ash. It was a pleasure having you stay with us & we're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Enjoy the rest of your stay in our beautiful country & we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedgefield
Jembjos Knysna Lodge & Backpackers
#13 of 129 in Knysna
Knysna Herons Guest House
Knysna Herons Guest House
#37 of 129 in Knysna

Been to Afrovibe Adventure Lodge? Share your experiences!