“Some of the best food in the area”
Review of ChefAlma@Groenvlei - CLOSED

ChefAlma@Groenvlei
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Best for: Laid back rustic food with a clean modern twist, beautifully presented with care. Decadent desserts and cakes. What makes us special: Food made with passion! The Menu changes periodically and will always include local seasonal produce. Own home-grown herbs, vegetables and sprouts.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The service was a touch slow as the waiter was a touch out of his depth - he was learning, and probably enjoying the company at the same time. We were there at a quite time of year for dinner, however the food was of the highest standard! I admit to being a burger queen, and this one lived up to my exacting standard! I do not remember being charged corkage and if we were, it was minimal. I am sure that this venue has more character when the caravan park is full. But we were not there for the venue, we were there for the food. Take a turn at Groenvlei as if you are going to Lake Pleasant hotel, but stop at this little venue. If you are travelling along the Garden Route, this is a must for a comfort break with good food. In our opinion, the food rivalled some of the "tourist traps" in Knysna!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had a group of "voortrekkers" visiting our area. We ended the day excursion at Chef Alma. The Food was out standing. I had the Red Thai Curry ........WOW.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Lovely breakfast, great preperation. Excellent hosts, and very warm welcome. You've read it everywhere, but this time it's true!

But then... The coffee.... Two weeks we had had instant coffee of subpar brands, plunger coffee that you just did not get right. These guys make the best coffee in the garden route!!! I am not sure if i was legally allowed to drive after having two of these, they were that mind- excellent cookie to go with that.

And the mother's day gift hit it home with the mrs!

A great pick-me-up in the middle of our tour in south-africa. after the big five, the coffee in this place made it the big six!

1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Been here 3 times in 10 days and the food is just awesome.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

A touch of class with beautifully prepared and decorated treats for the tummy and the eye.