Teniqua Treetops
$142
$127
Blackwaters River Lodge(Knysna)(Great Value!)
$120
$114
Agoda.com
$138
$129
The Wilderness Hotel(Wilderness)(Great Value!)
$68
$96
$547
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstree housethe riverindigenous forestunique experiencegorge viewknysna loeriecreepy crawliesrock poolsforest walknature loversour honeymoonmagical placehiking trailsperchon stiltselectric blanketsgarden route
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I picked this because I thought the kids would love to stay in a treehouse; it was definitely the right decision. The treehouse was a series of tents on a platform in the indigenous forest. Ours had two "bedrooms" separated by the (fully equipped) kitchen and dining area. All modern conveniences in the treetops. The treehouses are far apart from each other, so you feel you have the forest to yourself. The reception area has a lounge with TV, library, games, swimming pool, and jacuzzi. Don't worry about the spiders unless you're a fly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank julyan s
Reviewed May 24, 2012

As a person that is really afraid of snakes and not very fond of spiders as well, I really questioned my sanity when we booked at Teniqua Treetops. I read other reviews and when I saw that no-one reported any spider/snake related deaths, I thought okay it can’t be that bad then. I really don’t regret letting my husband talk me into this visiting this place. Thank God we did not see any spiders or snakes the whole weekend (phew!). We were greeted warmly by the staff, pets and other people living on nearby farms. Robyn and Beatrice were also very helpful with advising us on what we could do while there. The scenery was absolutely breath-taking and peaceful. No picture can do the real view justice. I’m glad that I specifically asked for the Gorge View cottage, because I think it’s the only one with an indoor bath and shower. It was quite cold that weekend. It’s so quiet that we could hear the river (which was quite far below us) from our deck. The compost toilet outside on the deck took some getting used to, but what’s life without some adventure after all? I would definitely recommend the hiking trail, even if you’re not very fit (like me). It took us less than two hours to do the whole trail. Coming back up from the river is a bit steep, but other than that, it’s an amazingly scenic trail (especially the view from the North Lookout). The entertainment area also provides enough activities to ensure hours of fun. There’s a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, play park, darts, foosball, dvd’s, table tennis and more. Just writing this review brings a nostalgic tear to my eye.

Room Tip: If you want an indoor bath, opt for Gorge View.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The warm and friendly welcome was truly appreciated and it made us feel at home immediately :-)

It was an AWESOME experience…Amazing...peaceful, private, awesome views, fantastic setting and very well equipped! We loved the big bath on the deck... To bath under the stars is just SURREAL.

It is definitely an experience never to be forgotten!

We will be back …this time for a longer stay as 2days are just not enough!

P.S we enjoyed the trail very much & the north view is truly AWESOME!

Thank you so much.

Room Tip: I absolutely fell in love with Greenbeard :-)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

What can i say its so hard to explain how wonderful this place is. Me and my husband stayed in one treehouse and my daughter and boyfriend in another. We felt like we were the only people on the earth when we were in our house as it is so secluded but then we went to the main lodge we could have a bbq, play darts, pingpong, swing ball or relax in the pool and hot tub and have hysterics on the trampoline. I dont do camping so this was as near as i would go with nature. Don't expect silence,yes there is no traffic noise or the hustle and bustle of life, but nature is very noisy, the sound of crickets and monkeys can be quite loud but lovely to listen to as your drifting off to sleep. The thing that amazed us was the lack of light pollution and the way the stars appeared never seen anything like it, the milkyway was so clear and it took our breathe away. Yes there can be creepy crawlies about ,I never saw any, but my husband and daughter did and both are frightened of spiders but they coped. We did the river walk which was wonderful on the way down but very hard getting back up. This is somewhere i would visit again and again. Our best time of a 19 day trip to south africa was our evening at the lodge after our walk by the river. If i had to have a groundhog day it would be that day.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2012

About 20 minutes drive from the main road between Sedgefield and Knysna is a real oasis of tranquility. We stayed for 4 nights in January 2012 and it was the perfect place to wind down, relax and do next to nothing for a few days. The treehouses are ingeniously designed - a combination of a tent and a house with amazing views over the simply stunning forest even from the half- outdoors bath and shower. Robyn, family and her team have created somewhere special which is so much more than "glamping" and they have a genuine eco-ethos The highlight has to be the walk through the forest - complete with natural rock pools which are perfect for swimming. This won't be for everybody. The access to the houses are along farm tracks, steep in places which you may not want to drive after dark. Nightlife is all about listening to the birds and insects and watching the sunset from your wonderfully secluded haven. Come well stocked ( complete with charcoal for the BBQ) as you probably won't want to leave. If you do leave. Buffels Bay nearby is an amazing beach and Knysna Heads is worth a trip - not least for the great seafood place we found there and the stunning views of the Indian Ocean and the estuary.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple