“Great food, great wine, great hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robertson
Fraai Uitzicht 1798
Ranked #5 of 25 Robertson B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 16, 2009

We loved this place. The owners are lovely, friendly and relax. And the food and wine were wonderful. We will not hesitate to come back and to recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights at Fraai Uitzicht up in the hillside east of Robertson. Our hosts were very service minded and do really look after their guests. However, you don’t stay at Fraai Uitzicht because of the superb accommodation (which is ok, but no that fantastic), but for the tranquillity and the superb restaurant. It is a place to relax, and eat and drink well.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2009

This place is a must. The tranquil setting. Amazing food. Incredible décor in the rooms. Great pool area. Friendly staff and owners who are incredibly knowledgeable. Probably the highlight of our South African adventure. Thanks, Karl & Co.! Best - Justin and Cluny. P.S. No dog poop and the dog is comedy.

• Stayed: March 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 16, 2008

On my latest trip to the Western Cape i was lucky enough to stay in some wonderful places, Fraai Uitzicht being one of them.
We stayed in one of the pretty cottages overlooking the mountains in this peaceful relaxed yet so beautiful place, the owners and staff were very welcoming and simply faultless, the fine wine and dine experience is an absolute must even if you are not planning on staying there, i would seriously recommend you do though! Not the cheapest place you can find but a night or two of real luxury shouldnt break the bank.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2008

We stayed in this place for one night only. The place itsself is definately in a tranquill surrounding. The rooms are also nicley furnished with a warm atmosphere.
What we did not like was the dog´s poo on the gras from the young and (lovely) dog of the owner. But to sit in this smell on a terrasse is not ours.
Unfortunately it may have been harvesting time, so that big tractors with turnbrils drove directly behing the cottages on the small way to the farms. As they started at sunrise, we definately were awake.

Summary, yes it is beautiful but not worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TaurusMunich
Reviewed February 3, 2008

We stayed in Riesling. The room was very pleasant with it's own stoop. The highlight of the visit was the 7 course tasting menu. We had a specially selected wine with each course. The food was excellent as were the wines.
Our hosts, a German couple, made us very welcome.
There are lovely views from the guesthouse. The sourroundings are very tranquill. We went for a walk around the farm before we left. On our return to Cape Town we did a wine tasting in Graham Beck. Also highly recommended. We will return

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 30, 2007

I passed through the Robertson valley two years before on my first trip to South Africa and immediately fell in love with the area. I dropped by the Viljoensdrift wine estate to buy their magnificent Pinotage (I can definitely recommend the Pinotage from this estate, as well as the river cruise they organise) and the lady at the store recommended Fraai Uitzicht as a great place for lunch. She kindly called them to reserve a table and then gave me directions to the place. Fraai Uitzicht (means 'beautiful view' in Dutch/Afrikaans) is indeed stunning, located at the foot of the majestic Langeberg mountains and surrounded by gentle rolling hills covered with row after row of vines. I will never forget the lunch I had at the guesthouse's terrace and how happy I felt. At that moment, I promised myself that I would some day return for a longer stay.

I returned in October 2006 and stayed there for 3 nights. I recommend choosing the great value Klaas Voogds Experience package which includes two superb dinners (the 7-course dinner on day 2 was truly fantastic), a game drive in the nearby Klaas Voogds Nature Reserve, and entrance to the Soekershof Botanical Gardens (run by a Dutch couple - allow ample time for a chat with Yvonne. Her passion for succulents/cacti is inspiring).

I stayed at Riesling, one of the lovely cottages at Fraai Uitzicht. The cottage was very spacious, had a cosy interior and faced a beautiful garden - all the cottages open out into the beautifully-landscaped gardens/ponds. The personnel were very friendly, helpful and hospitable. One cold evening, I returned to my room and as I got into bed, I felt the divine sensation of a warm water-bottle tucked under the duvet at the foot of the bed! Heavenly indeed!

Without any qualms, I will recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through the Robertson area. To me, this place is simply magical.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple