Rosendal Winery & Wellness Retreat
De Oude Opstal(Robertson)
$88
$81
Pat Busch Mountain Reserve(Robertson)(Great Value!)
$83
De Hoop Cottages(Robertson)(Great Value!)
$28
Petal's Place(Robertson)(Great Value!)
$77
Cedar Lodge Guest House(Robertson)(Great Value!)
$72
$87
$84
Almondbury Guest Farm(Robertson)(Great Value!)
$40
Randrivier Guest House(Robertson)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Pool
$97
$94
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspa treatmentswine tastingromantic packageinfinity poolunderfloor heatingfull body massagecape townde stresswelcome drinkgreat winefollowing morningroom was spaciousperfect placeoff the beaten trackwine routebreakfast and dinnersecond visit
Reviewed April 3, 2014

What a wonderful place Rosendal was! The staff, room, service were all great. Immediately when we arrived at Rosendal, we felt comfortable an relaxed. If we ever go back to South-Africa, we will certainly will book a stay again!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Wow, wow AND wow. This winery/retreat definitely lived up to its great reputation on Tripadvisor.
My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights and I kept wishing it could have been for longer.
Upon arrival we were offered a welcome drink (wine of course), and then shown to our room.
We had room number 5 which overlooked the pool, a small dam and onto the beautiful mountain range. Out the front of our suite we had a lovely patio setting with comfortable cushions for relaxing, reading and enjoying a wine on.
Our room was absolutely spectacular - the king size bed was adorned with quality linen, there were robes and endless towels on supply, the deep set bath tub situated behind the bed had candles scattered around the outside, the vanity was split between his and hers and was filled with lotions, bath salts and hand wash, the showers were well stocked with quality shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Fresh biscotti with tea and coffee was restocked daily. The room was just divine.
The infinity pool was a tad cold (March) so I merely waddled my feet in however there were sun beds for those who were happy to just soak up the sun - there were fresh towels waiting on each of the beds.
Breakfast was very tasty - it was al la carte rather than a buffet. I had poached eggs, curried beans, grilled tomato and mushrooms with a balsamic reduction followed by oatmeal cooked with milk. Toast was served with a selection of house made jams.
After reading reviews on Tripadvisor we thought we had better try the lunch/dinner menu. We had the Tempura of Prawns to start which was fantastic and very well presented - everything on the plate came together wonderfully. Our main meals were a enjoyable however slightly flawed. My partner had the Ballotine of Lamb Shank which with a decent amount of oregano sauce was tasty however without the sauce the ballotine was dry, once the sauce ran out my partner could not finish the rest of the meat - I've never seen him leave meat before! The tarlet accompanied with the ballotine was overcooked leaving the pastry dark and hard to eat. I had the Seared Fish of the Day with a Nicoise salad which arrived looking absolutely stunning, it was one of those dishes you just had to take a photo of. The fish was cooked to perfection, the accompaniments were lovely however when combined I felt that there was too much happening on the plate which overpowered the beautiful, delicate fish that was meant to be the highlight. The strong olive tapenade, anchovies, balsamic reduction, pesto, mustard dressing etc took charge of the dish. When I pushed some of these ingredients aside to 'tone it down' it took on a better note. I did enjoy this dish I just felt for me it could have been refined more.
After lunch we again sat by the pool to digest. Bliss!
The service at Rosendal was fantastic, everyone made sure that we enjoyed our stay and were thoroughly interested in our well-being. The setting was sublime and the gardens are terrific.
I would recommend Rosendal to anyone visiting the Robertson wine area, I just hope that one day I can go back!

Room Tip: Spa Room 5 - situation at the end of the row of rooms was beautiful.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Unbelievable experience at Rosendal, Great place to unwind and enjoy amazing food and wine.

The staff are extremely friendly and attentive, will definitely be returning! I would recommend this small winery to any couple wanting to have some quality time together in an amazing part of the world!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Rosendal is special, a real oasis. We had a beautiful room, comfortable beds, good shower, there was a lovely pool for a gentle swim, and spa treatments - unfortunately we were not there long enough to sample. but going back for longer is on my list. We had a free wine tasting - helped us to select the perfect wine for dinner. Dinner was excellent - perfect service, beautifully presented, and delicious. After a good nights sleep we were treated toan excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Biggest regret was only booking a one night stay at this gem of a place . A friendly welcome after some difficulty in finding the place was just the ticket, along with the fabulous accommodation ,food and wine.A tranquil nights sleep was followed by a lovely breakfast on the veranda and relaxation by the picturesque pool.We will return !

Room Tip: All rooms excellent...no TV,no telephone .
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple