“My 'home' from home!”

Cuisines: Diner, German, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I regularly visit Grand Cafe and know I can always be assured of very tasty meals served by friendly staff in a very relaxing atmosphere. Definately a must visit when in Robertson!

simonber123, Owner at Grand Cafe Robertson, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hi Bev

Thank you for the positive review. Wendy and I really enjoy your visits to our cafe. You always lighten up our days with your humour
We look forward to your next visit and to share another glass of wine with you.

Regards

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm glad I chose the Grand Cafe for lunch. I chose the double beef burger which was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. The owners were warm and friendly and sent me home with a free sample of their mushroom sauce after I remarked they should bottle it. Excellent value for money and a place I will definitely visit on my next trip to Robertson. Keep it up guys!

simonber123, Owner at Grand Cafe Robertson, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hi Kevin

We glad to see that you enjoyed your meal with us. It was a pleasure to chat with you in the cafe.
We hope you enjoy the mushroom sauce that we gave you. You can have it with steak aswell works very well
We look foward to welcoming you back to the cafe in the near future

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

looking for a child friendly restaurant for lunch we almost walked past this unassuming eatery. plain exterior with no clue as to what lies within. our fussy daughter was catered for without blinking an eye by going 'off menu'. we had french toast and Bubble & Squeak. generous portions, value for money prices. attentive and knowledgeable owner. great!

1  Thank Jaxluna
simonber123, Owner at Grand Cafe Robertson, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Hi

We believe that if we have the items in the kitchen it is no problem to create a dish to our guests liking. As IT's ABOUT THE FOOD
We look forward to welcoming you back to the cafe in the near future

Reviewed September 13, 2012

DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS, DELICOUS. Great atmospere! Die diens was flink en vinnig. Die eienaars skep 'n gemaklike gevoel met die eerste instap slag. The Open Cajun Chicken Sandwich was the cherry on top for me. So yummy and full of flavour. The plating was neatly done and the portions are the perfect size - real value for your money!

simonber123, Owner at Grand Cafe Robertson, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for the awesome review I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal with us
Next time you visit you should maybe try the Sirlion Open Sandwich just as good as the chicken
Hope to see you again soon at the cafe

Reviewed September 5, 2012

... Actually, while the scones were lovely - big, warm, soft, fluffy, and completely without that jarring note of baking powder - it was the genuine clotted cream on the side that made them. Yes, the real Devonshire deal, right here in funny old Robertson, right on the main drag with its action and constant stream of juggernauts going by. That, and strawberry jam.
The Grand Cafe is a fresh, airy, lime-washed place for cheerful breakfasts and lunches, with a made-from-scratch menu and good coffee too, plus they have wifi, but I still haven't ventured beyond the scones in my two visits. Sorry. Sort of.
However, the Teenager declared the venison pie (on special that day) delicious, and it certainly looked it, thick with meat and under the lightest layer of flaky pastry.
And Simon (the owner along with his wife, who does all the cooking) was a true Boland character, and a damn nice chap too. Yes, I'll be back. In an area awash with toasted sandwiches and tweeness, this was great.
No wine licence though. Yet.

2  Thank JennieTot
simonber123, Owner at Grand Cafe Robertson, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your review I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your visits to the cafe. The secret of the pie is the venison is cooked for around 10 hours. Just to let you know our liqour licence has being approved and the cafe will be serving wine and malt in the next 2 weeks. So when you visit again you will be able to enjoy a glass of wine