“Lazy breakfast watching the world go by”
Review of Grand Cafe Robertson - CLOSED

Grand Cafe Robertson
Cuisines: Diner, German, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2012

If you want a breakfast that is great quality food, a host that is welcoming and a stoep to sit on and watch the world go by then Grand Cafe is where you want to go to. I took my sister in law for a breakfast - she had an omlette that was light and fluffy and tasted great and I had a BLT sandwhich on super wholewheat bread and because it's still the silly season I followed that with Rodney's signature cheesecake. Fantastic!

1  Thank Maria D

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Possibly the best lunch we had on our trip to South Africa. Lovely sandwiches and salads. I personally will never forget the lemon cheesecake. This dessert just must simply be tried to be believed. I think Rodney could export this cake internationally with little trouble, it is just that good.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Just happened across this place the other day whilst visiting Robertson, good coffee, lovely staff and a wonderful Bubble and squeak poached egg, Bacon & Rocket breakfast, washed down with good tasting coffee, followed by a slice of home baked cheese cake, delicious warm freshly baked scones served with locally produced clotted cream and jam were excellent.
Will be going back on my next trip to Robertson

Reviewed September 17, 2011

That is the reason we drive almost 45 mins to get here. And Rodneys personal attention. Did I say clotted cream? Good food? Personal attention?

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was looking for a restaurant who serves good honest and healthy food. Thanks to this restaurant me and my sister-in-law enjoyed the most hearty meal of Coq au Vin and of course, Spaghetti with freshly made meatballs, tomatoe ragout and freshly grated parmesan cheese. With a glass of wine our bill was R150! O and I think they serve the most beautiful looking cappucinos! Heart shaped froth stole my heart!!! Small and intimate. Will pop in again.

1  Thank Laetitia I