“Great Value”

The Wharfside Grill
Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mariner's Wharf is the first harbourfront emporium in Africa and consists of the upstairs 360 seater Wharfside Grill restaurant, the downstairs fast- food Seafood Bistro, nautical gift shops, Bakery and Fishmarket.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We arrived in Hout Bay, and walked into The Wharfside Grill without a booking. We we're lucky enough to be seated right away. A very friendly lady assisted us, and explained the menu to us - and made suggestions of what we might like to have for lunch. We we're in a bit of a rush, so did not have time for a starter/dessert - but the main course was delicious, huge portions that we couldn't quite finish. Brother had Lobster Thermidore, and raved about it. The rest of us had Calamari & Prawn Combo, and it was perfectly grilled. The theme, still Traditional Wharfside - and unique to the Venue. It was a clear day, and we had a beautiful view.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

You know that feeling? You walk up to the desk and announce that you have a table booked for 7.00pm........... and there's this moment when even upside-down, you know that your name is not to be seen. This was our experience on Sunday evening at Mariner's Wharf. I'd booked, in person, three days earlier. As the receptionist was concluding the process, I realised, (upside-down) that she'd booked us for the Saturday not the Sunday. Full of apologies, I left with her last words ringing in my ear "I'll cancel and move it to Sunday!!" It hadn't happened. So, "Ooooops!" BUT the speed with which the problem was tackled was impressive and whilst we didn't get the table we'd booked, we had another which was fine. And so to the food. we were celebrating my son's 50th birthday, or rather that I had survived to celebrate this day, and my partner ordered Lobster Thermidor, whilst I had the boring but beautiful South African Kingklip. The service was great, the food lovely, the Klein Constancia Sauvignon Blanc full and fruity and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. More apologies as we left and on the Monday morning a phone call from the poor receptionist seeking absolution for her mistake.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Visited twice and both occasions the food was excellent and reasonably priced considering it's on the tourist trail

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been here 4-5 times over the years. The service is always been great, Nice wine list at reasonable prices. Food has been generally very good, nice setting.
The only negative would be that it can get very crowded at peak times.
I will come back again in the future!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at the Wharfside Grill last week and I was very disappointed. The fish I had didn't have any flavor and the garlic sauce that came with it didn't even help. The potatoes and vegetables were equally bland. The service wasn't too good either. When I was in Hout Bay two years ago the food at Wharfside Grill was excellent. We even ate there a couple of times during our stay. After the other night, though, I don't think I'll be going back.

2  Thank TourGuide-KEVIN