“The best pizza”

Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open every day of the week for lunch & dinner.We make amazing pizza plus daily specials, using only the best, mainly locally sourced ingredients, and the owners are always present to ensure quality & consistency. Check us out on google for more information amazing new vegan menu
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in here on a week night with some friends who are locals. The restaurant is Italian and they have lots to choose from on the menu and it was hard to decide what to have.

We ordered pizza and the food didn’t disappoint. The ingredients were lovely and fresh and the food was so delicious and reasonably priced. The restaurant is very chilled and relaxed and we had a really pleasant visit. A great place and we would recommend.

Date of visit: January 2019
3  Thank Biffro

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A month ago I wrote a review praising Massimo's and its staff for the wonderful food and atmosphere that I had experienced. Unfortunately, I have deleted this post as my dinner last night (15/04/2019) was utterly disappointing.

I had held such high expectations for Massimo's that when my grandparents invited my younger cousin and me out for pizza to celebrate their 47th wedding anniversary, I undoubtedly recommended Massimo's. I recommended Massimo's because of the well-known pizzas and the playground which would be suitable to entertain my cousin.

However, the pizza was sloppy and runny. The waitress who served us, though initially polite, came across as unwilling to provide service with a smile and seemed very hostile towards us. The food was also cold which I would not expect as I'd previously had a good experience at Massimo's. My cousin ordered a trio of little chocolate ice cream cups but disappointingly it turned out to be pretty much chocolate sauce. The service and food were of a poor standard to say the very least and it was not as though the restaurant was busy.

I write this review, not to put anyone off from going to Massimo's because I have had a previous experience where I'd enjoyed myself but its necessary to bring my disappoint to light.

1  Thank Capetowngirl_50
massimos_hb, Owner at Massimo's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, “capetowngirl50”
I am quoting your last sentence as the first part of my response as I believe it displays such irony - ‘I write this review, not to put anyone off from going to Massimo's because I have had a previous experience where I'd enjoyed myself but it’s necessary to bring my disappoint to light’ – Here’s the thing - bringing your disappointment to light at the time of your visit rather than here may have improved your experience!
Your current review would, in my opinion, carry more weight if it referred to the previous review by comparison. And in deleting it, you have removed a perfectly honest reflection of your visit at that time. But anyway, let’s talk about our cctv footage and staff/management actions on the night.
When you arrived at approx 1800h on a Monday evening your group had unfortunately not booked. We struggled to find you a table, as, apart from one, they were all either occupied, or soon to be occupied with bookings (we filled up completely later that night) You took offence to the table offered and ‘threatened’ to go to another pizzeria if that was the only table on offer. So we switched a table booking for you as we’re nice like that and always try to accommodate walk-ins.
That evening we had to prepare for 2 very large bookings coming in from 7 to 7.30pm - consisting of 30 people and 15 people, so by our reckoning, that's potentially quite busy.
Our cctv footage shows both the waitress and the manager on duty checking in with you to see if everything was alright – and apparently everything was alright as that’s what you said. There is even footage of 3 very clean empty pizza plates going back to the kitchen. The manager on duty that evening would have been happy to address the concerns you had over the food and service. We don’t always get it 100% right but try our best to fix things if they go wrong. But here’s the thing - we can only do that if you tell us!

PS This is Massimo's menu description of the kids trio that your cousin ordered – ‘3 chocolate mini-cups filled with chocolate sauce’ – (which is in fact home-made chocolate sauce made with pure African cocoa) Perhaps you misread the menu?

Massimo

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful restaurant. Wonderful food. Perfect service. And great variety for vegetarians and vegans alike. Wednesdays are open mike night and the staff get to sing for the customers. Customers can sing as well if they want to. Happy staff= happy customers. Will def go again soon and I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

We keep coming back to this sublime restaurant with the most authentic taste of Italy in Cape Town...why go anywhere else? With Great pizzas, luscious starters and a range of pasta and traditional italian dishes, there is something here for everyone.....try it...you will keeping returning again and again and again...

massimos_hb, Owner at Massimo's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Olive, it's always wonderful to welcome you back, so great to see you again. And very happy that you still apreciate what we do! Good luck with all your charity work.
Tracy & Massimo

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Massimo's will tick all your boxes. Great food, Festive atmosphere. And a large children's outdoor play area. Massimo's is also dog friendly.

Date of visit: March 2019