“Very good pizza”

Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open every day of the week for lunch & dinner.We make amazing pizza plus daily specials, using only the best, mainly locally sourced ingredients, and the owners are always present to ensure quality & consistency. Check us out on google for more information amazing new vegan menu
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We went there for coffee and we ended up having pizza, it was delicious.
It was a very busy Sunday after lunch, service was correct and we really enjoyed.
Great spot for parents with kids.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went to Massimo's for the first time a little while ago - and I absolutely fell in love.
The pasta is my favourite - the Carbonara is the best I have ever had! I have also had pizza which was amazing and highly recommended. My favourite part of this restaurant is their journey, how they give back to the community, use local produce and care for the environment.

2  Thank Jade219
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place has everything going for it. Basic but nice and clean venue. Fireplace as well as the pizza oven makes for a warm refuge. Genuinely friendly, happy, well spoken and trained staff. GOOD pizza! Anybody who uses whole grain stone ground flour in their pizzas gets my vote. Two very nice craft beers on tap with more in bottle.

The sour after taste of being presented with a bill that has a charge for takeaway boxes albeit minimal ( especially after putting it in two ) almost ruined the experience. When queried as to why I as a first time customer had not been told got told "it is on the menu". On which page given that I was there for the pizza based on a review and only looked at the pizza page and had I gone with the special board would not have seen the menu?

Given that there are pizza places closer to home that check all of the above boxes, and actually do a better anchovy pizza, I think it unlikely that I will be back...

1  Thank Oogly
massimos_hb, Owner at Massimo's, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

we are so glad you enjoyed the food at our establishment, we work very hard to ensure our standards are maintained. As we care deeply about the planet we all share, we try to reduce/recycle waste as much as possible. Most food outlets give away free 'doggie bags' which are made of polystyrene/foam which pollutes the environment. Our policy is to make a small charge for the doggie bag (which is approx .11p in sterling or 0.14c in euros) as a deterrant and to perhaps make people think twice about their usual habits with doggie bags, we only charge what we pay for them and don't make a profit. Most of our customers embrace this policy. Our respect for the environment extends to recycling over 70 bags of glass, cans, paper & plastic bottles per week, indicating SASSI listed seafoods on our specials board, stocking only ethically farmed meats, & using free range chicken & eggs. I hope this helps to soften the blow.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

What a great relaxed place. Pizza's were brilliant. Kids play area outside. Best is to book in advance - they are busy ( with such goid pizza's I am not surprised)

3  Thank TrediciSWD
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We love the pizzas here, fresh fresh toppings, proper sourced quality italian ingredients, interesting toppings and nice people

2  Thank DrewKirkland