“Can't wait to return with a group”
Review of Massimo's

Massimo's
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open every day of the week for lunch & dinner.We make amazing pizza plus daily specials, using only the best, mainly locally sourced ingredients, and the owners are always present to ensure quality & consistency. Check us out on google for more information
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Can't wait to return with a group”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

That they have the reputation of having the best pizza in Cape Town raised our expectations not just a little bit. But they didn't disappoint. Pleasant surroundings. Friendly service. Personable owners. And the pizza is good, too. OK, it's better than good. Massimo's has a comprehensive menu of pizzas and, as we were only two, we chose two of them. They were great. We're anxious to return with a group to try their "feast." Definitely worth the trip.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Connotes

Cape
“Yummy gluten free pizza”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Massimo's is my 'local' and I eat their pizza at least once a week. It's not easy to find gluten free pizza at regular pizza places, especially if it needs to be yeast free too. I'm pleased to say that Massimo's does gluten-free, yeast free pizza to order which is a real treat! And the pizza is good too! Gluten free types will know quite what a treat that is! I have had one complaint from an Italophile that I recommended the restaurant to. She felt that the toppings were a bit sparse and she would have liked a more generous topping for her money.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SuzyZam
Hamburg, Germany
“Italy has lost a Great Chef !!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed almost two weeks in Hout Bay and Massimo`s Pizza and Pasta was our favourite choice for dinner, after the daily trips to the wine-land. His selection of daily new pizza creation, the great and huge portions of salat and the unbelievable yummy dressing ... So, we were now 5 times in Hout Bay, S.A. ... and couldn´t get enough! The restaurant is simple and not fancy. You come and find a place and meet and greet the local people. Make sure to call ahead, otherwise you might have difficulties to get a table. Clearly Italy has lost a great Chef !!! Hout Bay can be proud !!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank CordGhazale
Cape Town
“Eagerly looking forward to a return visit!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was our first visit to Massimo's and I cannot wait to return. Although chilly we decided to lunch outside enjoying the incredible views.

Our waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and the service was really good. We took ages deciding what to order as everything sounded so delicious. We shared a bottle of Rickety Bridge Rose', a lovely wine (described on menu as having hints of candyfloss and turkish delight)... mmmmm. I feel that I must make mention of the fact that 'we loved the icebucket' and just last month at a restaurant in Nice, our wine was served in the exact 'icebucket'......... : )

My partner devoured his pizza with smoked duck, mozzarella and truffle cream. I was fed a bite or two and It was heaven! My pizza (I normally add a bit here and there) too was sooo good; Feta, mushroom, mozzarella and bagna cauda (anchovy, garlic sauce). Best pizzas I have ever eaten and definitely on par with my first ever pizza eaten at a very special place in Italy.

We enjoyed creme brulee with rhubarb on the side, tiramisu and couldn't resist sharing the 'trio bicerin' (3 mini chocolate cups filled with your choice of bicerin liqueur. We chose the chocolate chilli.

I peeped inside before we left and it looked very cosy and inviting with crackling fire and satisfied diners. Thanks Massimo and Tracey, can't wait to return : )

• Visited August 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“fabulous pizza and family outing”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

As a resident of the "Deep South" I really appreciate a great venue like this close to home. Warm hospitality and genuine passion for great food make Massimo's a firm favorite. Child friendly with sublime pizzas - a cut above the rest.

• Visited July 2012