Although we did not stay overnight (wish we could've !), we attended a family 80th birthday celebration lunch. On arrival we were greeted & served a super welcome cocktail drink by Melissa, a very friendly General Manager, plus the friendly & efficient staff. The setting is out of this world, right on the water's edge with the most magnificent view of the mountains across the bay and located at the foot of the mountain (Chapman's Peak) with natural vegetation as the backdrop. As per Melissa, a wonderful position to observe the whales and dolphins as they enter the bay.
We enjoyed a superb 4 course meal prepared and presented fit for royalty ! To crown it all, the meal ended with a birthday song by the staff, accompanied by a divine chocolate cake !
For those fortunate enough to spend some time at this stunning venue, there is a swimming pool with a sun deck to relax and enjoy the natural surrounds. For international travelers this is a must do visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above a pebbled beach at the foot of Chapman's Peak, and overlooking the Cape's iconic Sentinel mountain, Tintswalo Atlantic sits sheltered by the Table Mountain National Park. As the only hotel permitted to operate within the boundaries of the word-renowned Heritage site, the lodge enjoys the very best of magnificent, panoramic ocean views, as well as access to the natural beauty found along the mountainside's winding hiking trails. With ten beautifully appointed suites and one regal presidential suite - all of which have been freshly re-furbished from floor to ceiling - Tintswalo Atlantic offers the luxuries of a world-class hotel, with personalized service and attention to detail. Managed by a host of dedicated staff, Tintswalo Atlantic offers guests nothing less than true Tintswalo hospitality, from the moment that they arrive at this seaside paradise. Enjoy sundowners on the deck beside the heated pool and share cooking tips with the charming Executive Chef, venture out to the quaint Hout Bay village, or take a drive to the nearby Cape Winelands for an unforgettable wine-tasting adventure. Located just a short, scenic drive from the vibrant city of Cape Town, guests can also embark on a suburban adventure into the heart of one of South Africa's most exciting and eclectic cultures. Having been described as the most dramatic and romantic destination in Southern Africa, Tintswalo Atlantic promises to remain an idyllic location to rejuvenate oneself, away from the stresses and distractions of modern living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, South African Hotels and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tintswalo Atlantic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel Hout Bay
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hout Bay, Cape Town, South Africa