We treated my mom and dad for a weekend break as a 70th birthday present, in June. If ever you would like the perfect spot for any very special occasion, look no further than Tintswalo. This is a spot that would be perfect under any weather conditions. It feels as if the waves will be rolling into your room any second. In stormy weather it is breathtaking to watch the scene in front of you and in sunny weather you can open up everything and experience the magic in a completely different way.
The bathroom looked so appealing and the bath was situated in such a nice spot that I wanted to hop in as we arrived and just sit in the bath and watch the view. In fact, that is exactly what I did! At night if you put on all the candles in the bathroom see how beautiful the mother of pearl shells in the bathroom reflect the light.
Tintswalo will leave you wanting more. I could imagine nothing nicer than being tucked away there for a full week with a couple of good books. Forget about excursions if you stay there, you will NOT want to leave that magic spot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above a pebbled beach at the foot of Chapman's Peak, and overlooking the Cape's iconic Sentinel mountain, Tintswalo Atlantic sits sheltered by the Table Mountain National Park. As the only hotel permitted to operate within the boundaries of the word-renowned Heritage site, the lodge enjoys the very best of magnificent, panoramic ocean views, as well as access to the natural beauty found along the mountainside's winding hiking trails. With ten beautifully appointed suites and one regal presidential suite - all of which have been freshly re-furbished from floor to ceiling - Tintswalo Atlantic offers the luxuries of a world-class hotel, with personalized service and attention to detail. Managed by a host of dedicated staff, Tintswalo Atlantic offers guests nothing less than true Tintswalo hospitality, from the moment that they arrive at this seaside paradise. Enjoy sundowners on the deck beside the heated pool and share cooking tips with the charming Executive Chef, venture out to the quaint Hout Bay village, or take a drive to the nearby Cape Winelands for an unforgettable wine-tasting adventure. Located just a short, scenic drive from the vibrant city of Cape Town, guests can also embark on a suburban adventure into the heart of one of South Africa's most exciting and eclectic cultures. Having been described as the most dramatic and romantic destination in Southern Africa, Tintswalo Atlantic promises to remain an idyllic location to rejuvenate oneself, away from the stresses and distractions of modern living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, South African Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tintswalo Atlantic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel Hout Bay
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hout Bay, Cape Town, South Africa