I spent my wedding anniversary at this remarkable hotel, and it was truly outstanding in every way!
Firstly, the location. It is truly a hidden gem, positioned in the most spectacularly beautiful location - just off Chapman's Peak drive, down at the bottom of the cliff, level to the ocean, within the Table Mountain National Park, with views of the Hout Bay harbour and mountains.
The rooms are individual chalets (all with a different theme), separated by a wooden walkway, all facing the ocean with balconies. They are incredibly luxurious with every mod-con you could expect including a fireplace, underfloor heating, gowns, slippers, blackout curtains etc.
The bathroom is a complete wow factor...with stunning sea views from the toilet, bath and shower.
We enjoyed afternoon tea, a lavish dinner and breakfast- and all were excellent.
The staff were warm, hospitable, efficient & professional.
I would say the property is more suited for couples (of any age) than families
If you enjoy nature and the ocean, this really is the place for you. There is the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins and otters, and also some smaller animals in the national park. They also offer guided walks through the national park.
In terms of its position in Cape Town, you are approximately 25 minutes from the city centre/V&A Waterfront, and its really a gorgeous drive, so need to feel isolated at Tintswalo.
However if your that way inclined :0) then when you arrive at this special place, make it your destination and don't leave until you have to. Your body, mind and soul will thank you for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above a pebbled beach at the foot of Chapman's Peak, and overlooking the Cape's iconic Sentinel mountain, Tintswalo Atlantic sits sheltered by the Table Mountain National Park. As the only hotel permitted to operate within the boundaries of the word-renowned Heritage site, the lodge enjoys the very best of magnificent, panoramic ocean views, as well as access to the natural beauty found along the mountainside's winding hiking trails. With ten beautifully appointed suites and one regal presidential suite - all of which have been freshly re-furbished from floor to ceiling - Tintswalo Atlantic offers the luxuries of a world-class hotel, with personalized service and attention to detail. Managed by a host of dedicated staff, Tintswalo Atlantic offers guests nothing less than true Tintswalo hospitality, from the moment that they arrive at this seaside paradise. Enjoy sundowners on the deck beside the heated pool and share cooking tips with the charming Executive Chef, venture out to the quaint Hout Bay village, or take a drive to the nearby Cape Winelands for an unforgettable wine-tasting adventure. Located just a short, scenic drive from the vibrant city of Cape Town, guests can also embark on a suburban adventure into the heart of one of South Africa's most exciting and eclectic cultures. Having been described as the most dramatic and romantic destination in Southern Africa, Tintswalo Atlantic promises to remain an idyllic location to rejuvenate oneself, away from the stresses and distractions of modern living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, South African Hotels and Cancelon so you can book your Tintswalo Atlantic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel Hout Bay
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hout Bay, Cape Town, South Africa