“Good restaurant.”

Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The restaurant garden looks a little bit sheap.
No lights on the tables, Inside it looks more cousy but it was very warm.The oysters were great.The starter plate was good.
The service was very good and the chardonnay Moreson mercator 2012 was top.Next time we take the 5 course menu to give a more detailed revue.

1  Thank joris5
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The reviewer below me got it spot on - a foodie's heaven. I was here in March 2012 so it is difficult to remember what exactly we ate but it was fabulous. I can be a picky eater but my uncles are very adventurous and we all had an amazing time.I believe my uncles got the surprise 5 course menu but I was a bit apprehensive so I ordered off the menu. The food was very impressive as were the wine selections and desserts! Highly recommend this spot as a must do in Franschhoek.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We used Tripadviser reviews to choose to visit this restaurant in Franschhoek and were so glad we did! It was a lovely evening so opted to dine alfresco. The restaurant offers a Surprise Menu of five courses with or without matching wines - we chose the former. Each course was elegantly presented, tasted divine and was complimented by a delightful matched wine. For example course two was foie gras served three ways, in a Martini glass and accompanied by a glass of sweet Ratafini wine - exquisite!! The glasses of wine were very generous volumes and, this together with excellent fare made this a truly memorable experience and excellent value for money. We are here for a week and already thinking of returning!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The meal we had at this retaurant was good, but at this price level, sometimes "good" is just not enough! At this price level, you really want something that is exceptional, and we did not get that. I would go back, but there are better restaurants in the area. For desert we ordered their "all of the above" ( a small sample of all the other items on the desert menu). The plate looked really nice, but failed to deliver on taste. A slightly burnt and bitter tuile biscuit really spoiled it.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We enjoyed our meal in Bon Vivant Franschhoek. Can recommend the spring bok and crayfish with osso bucco, also the duck with fois grois. The pudding, a taste selection, was huge and shared between 5 of us, great fun. Head chef, Pierre Hendriks, was very 'hands on' we had a table overlooking the kitchen. Booking essential. PS meat dishes had a 70% meat content, personally I would have preferred just the spring bok loin, without shank and more vegetable content to balance the meal.