“Just that little bit extra”
Review of Le Bon Vivant

Le Bon Vivant
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Salcombe, United Kingdom
“Just that little bit extra”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The meal was just superb and the wine flights perfect and had been set up by my son and daughter in law from England. We finished the meal and I asked the waiter to get a taxi as we had walked there and just fancied going back by taxi. I was told they would get it organised for me and lo and behold as service had finished we were driven back to our accommodation by the chef Pierre Hendricks! Service or what!

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
“Best food ever......”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We booked the 5 course secret menu with wine and wow. The food was absolutely amazing and the wines that accompanied them were beautiful. The whole experience is something that my wife and I will never forget. The chef is either a certified genius or totally mad. The combinations of food that he put together we have never seen anywhere before, truly a culinary delight and very reasonably priced. If you get the chance you have got to try it. Special mention to the waiter that served us - his knowledge on the food and wine complimented the experience even more.

Visited December 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Great food, perfect service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to eat in Franschhoek. We ordered a la carte (there's also a menu available) and enjoyed perfectly prepared and beautifully presented food (beef and springbok) and an excellent unobstrusive but attentive service.

Australia
“Quality Dining Experience”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We are not foodies. But we decided that we would try what was described by our B&B host as the best restaurant in town. I had the springbok, my wife had the duck. We sampled each other's food when no one was watching. Obviously both made from top quality ingredients- both melt in the mouth. The service was excellent. When I asked for a drink not on the menu, the waiter left the premises and brought it in. Ambience was good. Meal finished with great coffee.

• Visited December 2013
Dubai
“Incredbke unfriendly staff or the way they welcome clients”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Last night I popped in in this restaurant.

The waiter asked if I have a reservation and I didn't. That place was not even full and the waiter answered you must book in advance no table.

Incredible so many empty table in and out side and they we not be bale to arrange an other table for 2 people?

any tourist be aware book of the door will be smash on your face.

Visited December 2013