“Excellent although disappointed with desserts”
Review of Reuben's - CLOSED

Reuben's
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The starters and mains were all beautifully cooked with lovely flavours. The service was excellent.
However the desserts were average and the chocolate dessert was heavy and very disappointing.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Reuben's came highly recommended to us as a must see on our trip from Australia to Franschhoek in May 2013. The restaurant has all the atmosphere you can imagine and the food is of a great quality. Prices are reasonable and staff were extremely friendly.

Love the bar, but be careful where you rest your drinks. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had lovely soup at Reuben's in Franchhoek yesterday. a lovely setting- pretty wrought iron chairs and table on a patio overlooking the main street of this quaint and picturesque town, 45 minutes outside Cape Town. I had a French Onion soup, that came with grated cheese and croutons on the side. All very tasty but the croutons were bland. I'm not a chef but I've had much better croutons before...lightly fried in garlic and herbs would be nice? Just a thought. But a lovely place for lunch and excellent value at R35 bowl of soup.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

To be recommended. The food is creative, tasty and delightfully fresh. Tantalizing choice of menu. Great selection of wines. Fireside, a warm touch to a slightly clinical atmosphere.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been to Reubens before and was so excited to go back. I was gutted when my steak was over cooked and my gratin potatos were cold in the middle. The staff didnt look like they would have cared.
My pudding tho was amazing so not all bad. Next time tho I would try another restaurant