“great food but decor needs a revamp”
Review of Reuben's - CLOSED

Reuben's
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
“great food but decor needs a revamp”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My partner and I had a main and dessert each. I had salmon and he had lamb chops. The salmon was done perfectly with a few nice veggies and a lovely light and fresh lemon cream sauce. My husband's lamb was also done perfectly. We then had dessert each. I had a outreach and white chocolate dessert and he had a chocolate and berry dessert. Overall the food was excellent but I do have a few criticisms:
-the waitress was very bland and seemed uninterested
-the decor is extremely tired....it really needs to be updated. The food and menu graphic don't match the place
-my dessert came on a piece of black slate tile. I realise this is a fashion but I am an architect and I find it distasteful to eat off a building product.
-the atmosphere was ok....music needs to be better...

Other than that it was great.

• Polish first
Cape Town
“Ok but not living up to expectations”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was my 1st visit to any of Reuben's restaurants and expectations where high ...
Ambienance was nothing special, service was fast but one of the dishes was n/a anymore and we were asked 3 times how we want the meat done. Food was OK but not justifying the final bill, there are far better options in terms of value for money and quality of food. Will not return in the near future.

• Visited March 2013
Paris
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I recommend!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food and the service was great! Pity they have this lighted black & white picture on their wall (of a Parisian waiter Marathon ?!), which is wayyyy to bright and blinds you completely.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Well presented tasty food!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We visited Reuben's after a recommendation from a friend and we weren't disappointed. Service was good, wine was OK (on the expensive side for SA), food was very good (although i was put off my chicken liver starter by the mammoth amount of creme fraiche plonked in the middle of the plate but that's a minor point!). My wife really enjoyed her seafood starter and springbok main course. The portions are very generous which unfortunately left little room for dessert...and they looked delicious!

I would recommend Reuben's but research restaurants in the area because there are some really fabulous places to eat!

Johannesburg, South Africa
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Special Lunch we made a reservation months in advance. When arriving for lunch they said they did not have our booking... So we had to wait for them to get our table ready...

But the food made up for it.
Loved the Squid starter.