“Fantastic find”

Ranked #13 of 63 Franschhoek B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Lavender farm for ten nights and quite simply could not find fault with anything. The experience of Franschoek, including the people, scenery and excellent food have well exceeded our expectations, however it is the accomodation which we would go back for.The room was fantastic, spacious and clean with a daily cleaning service. Excellent value for money in this area. Breakfast was served promptly in the mornings, all freshly prepared by the kitchen staff. The place is run by a great guy called Don. His knowledge of the area is second to none and he was able to give us some fantastic recommendations for restaurants and wineries in and around Franschoek. The Lavender Farm is located a most scenic 20 min walk out of town, we did the walk often with our four month old baby in his pram. The staff were really friendly and went out of their way to make the experience memorable for us. Thanks to this great team, we will be back regards James, Michelle and baby Zakary.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Lavender are quiet and come with a lovely view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
LavenderFranschhoek, Owner at Lavender Farm Guest House Franschhoek, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thankyou for taking time to write us a REVIEW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friend Jody and I stayed at Lavender Farm for three nights last week. Aside from being spotlessly clean and well-equipped with a very comfortable bed, the room was heated, spacious, tastefully decorated and as a bonus, ours had a fireplace. What a win, given the miserably cold weather! The staff were friendly and helpful and the manager was particularly attentive. The location was perfect; it was close enough to walk into town when the weather allowed. A perfect base for a winter break-away!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beverly S
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and i had been at the Lavender Farm the weekend past and we had a stunning experience. Don the manager along with the staff are extremely friendly and they make everyone feel welcome.
The rooms are so big and spacious and they really have everything that one would need in them for your stay. Including a lovely king size bed that sleeps wonderful, DSTV and a massive balcony.

What more could i say, we are going back to the Lavender Farm in September as we had an amazing time.

Thanks Don and staff.

Best Regards,

Stacey-lee and Larry

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this establishment for the weekend. The rooms were ultra spacious with a nice living area and a very clean, modern bathroom. The suites are very new as it was completed in December 2011. Our room only had a shower(no bath), but it was a walk-in one, which was nice. The rooms had all your basic amenities(kettle, wine fridge, satellite tv,AC, etc.)

Every suite has its own little porch facing the courtyard and there are beautiful views of the establishment's own lavender farm and the surrounding mountains.

The location is brilliant as you can walk to Franschhoek main road, if needed. We didn't walk though as it was raining when we were there.

Location - Brilliant, as it is very close to town and all the great Franschhoek restaurants and down the road from the amazing Haute Cabriere(their MCC is amazing).
Accommodation - Love the double volume roof, very comfortable bed and well-kept.
Surroundings - amazing with the surrounding mountains and farms.
Manager- Don was super welcoming, very funny and personally took us through our room. Thanks Don.

I would definitely recommend Lavender Farm Guest House. It is amazing value for money.

I have already recommended this establishment to multiple people.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 31, 2012

First time to cape town, first time to the wineland. The people at Lavender Farm has left me such a great impression. Thanks to Don and Frauke for your warm welcome! Love the lavender room I stayed in. The deco is beautiful, the bed and the pillow are so comfortable, not to mention the gorgeous view from my terrace! I wish I could stay longer!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My girl and I heard about this new little spot through friends who had their wedding photos taken there. When we heard about the rates we booked soon haha. Sadly the weather wasnt in our favour but i wasnt complaing as the rooms had fire places.

So Don the manager told us where the nearest Dvd store was and we hung in the room for most of our stay. It was incredible, i bought some local chocolates from town and ordered a pizza. I dont know what i fell more in love with my girl or the Farm! Id take both, let me know when you guys want to sell(i wish)

Keep it up!

Room Tip: We stayed in a lovely room over looking the lavender, i think it was a deluxe suite!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew W
Brussels UK
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I visited this farm whilst they were running a special(which ends in July i think), so my husband and kids decided we would venture out to Franschhoek for the weekend. This estate is lovely and shows someone who is dying to make Franscchoek a little piece of Provence. With lavender slowly blooming and creating a beautiful landscape my husband and i sat on the patio sipping on some local Mcc.

This has got to be our most beautiful and affordable trip to the Valley(even if the special wasn't on) the breakfast was simple but generous. The only gripe(hard to find) would be the dutch colonial decor in the dining area but that's my personal taste

Interestingly enough for us we saw a newly married couple taking some amazingly creative wedding pictures amongst the field during breakfast. Tis was too cute! I may just need to re-new my vows soon!

The food was delish and the manager experienced, helping us wherever he could.Including dinner resrvations at a new restaurant on the high street Le Coq (i've reviewed them too)

Thanks Don & Team,

Louise & Fam**

Room Tip: Depending on your personal taste there are two styles of rooms...Dutch styled colonial or modern and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family