“We stayed in the room in the main picture!”

Lavender Farm Guest House Franschhoek
Ranked #13 of 64 Franschhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My girl and I heard about this new little spot through friends who had their wedding photos taken there. When we heard about the rates we booked soon haha. Sadly the weather wasnt in our favour but i wasnt complaing as the rooms had fire places.

So Don the manager told us where the nearest Dvd store was and we hung in the room for most of our stay. It was incredible, i bought some local chocolates from town and ordered a pizza. I dont know what i fell more in love with my girl or the Farm! Id take both, let me know when you guys want to sell(i wish)

Keep it up!

Room Tip: We stayed in a lovely room over looking the lavender, i think it was a deluxe suite!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew W

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I visited this farm whilst they were running a special(which ends in July i think), so my husband and kids decided we would venture out to Franschhoek for the weekend. This estate is lovely and shows someone who is dying to make Franscchoek a little piece of Provence. With lavender slowly blooming and creating a beautiful landscape my husband and i sat on the patio sipping on some local Mcc.

This has got to be our most beautiful and affordable trip to the Valley(even if the special wasn't on) the breakfast was simple but generous. The only gripe(hard to find) would be the dutch colonial decor in the dining area but that's my personal taste

Interestingly enough for us we saw a newly married couple taking some amazingly creative wedding pictures amongst the field during breakfast. Tis was too cute! I may just need to re-new my vows soon!

The food was delish and the manager experienced, helping us wherever he could.Including dinner resrvations at a new restaurant on the high street Le Coq (i've reviewed them too)

Thanks Don & Team,

Louise & Fam**

Room Tip: Depending on your personal taste there are two styles of rooms...Dutch styled colonial or modern and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Myself & my sister were looking for a place to stay in Franschoek & stumbled across Lavender Farm. We arrived on a dark & extremely wet Easter Sunday and what a surprise we got...it was a lovely place to stay. The rooms are like large suites...very spacious and spotless...lovely simple yet tasteful decor with the lavender theme subtly throughout. Lavender Farm is approx 3 mins drive from the shops & restaurants and even though it's near the main street, it's very peaceful...perfect for sitting on the patio with a glass of chilled wine and admiring the surrounding mountains and adjacent lavender field. Great value also.

Don who is the owner, is very helpful...and loves to chat! He organised a wine tour for us and more importantly, after arriving in a very wet & foggy Cape Town 3 days earlier, he checked out the 10 day weather forecast for us and assured us it was to improve...he was right too!

We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed for three nights over the Easter weekend . The staff and management were so attentive and certainly went the extra mile. It was pouring with rain and, as I was unwell ,my husband was going to bring my breakfast to me but the staff INSISTED on carrying a tray through the downpour to my room! I needed to wrap something large to go in the hold of the plane back to London and Don, the manager, went out to town on Easter SUnday to find tape and bubble wrap!
The rooms were spacious, immaculately clean, well lit and comfortable. I canot believe what good value we got. Up the road firends were paying a fortune for nothing nearly as charming. A top recommendation . We will certainly go back.
Trish T

Room Tip: We were in rooms 7 and 8 with a magnificent view over the lavender fields towards the mountains
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This has to be once of the nicest places I've stayed. The room & bathroom were amazing and spacious and also very clean. The decor was beautiful with images of lavender and a huge bed. The views were stunning, mountains all around you and a lavender field; although not in bloom it was still very pretty. The staff were really lovely and friendly and Don was such a lovely host. We also enjoyed the breakfasts and there was a lovely outside seating area. The pool was a bit small but still really nice and it just felt like a really relaxing place. Also only a 5 minute drive into the town where there were lots of restaurants and little shops. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nat_and_Dib
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is a gorgeous place to stay. The surroundings are so beautiful, no words can do it justice. I think it is very under priced and I would not have minded paying a lot more. Don and his staff cannot do enough for you. I don’t have one criticism of the place. The lavender field is very picturesque, it wasn’t in bloom when I stayed (February 2012) but it was still very beautiful. The grounds are very well cared for, not a blade of grass is out of place. The room I stayed in was very comfortable and clean (I stayed in the red room). My young brother and sister and other sister and boyfriend stayed in the twin rooms (numbers 5 and 6) and I understand that their room was very recently re modelled, it is very tastefully done, everything is brand new and again, it is very comfortable and clean. The location is great as it is a very short drive to the town (you could probably walk it). I really liked this place as it is very private and peaceful. It has a very exclusive feel to it. I think it’s perfect for both couples and families. The swimming pool is also in a lovely location, overlooking the lavender field and the mountains. Whilst in Franchhoek I also stayed in a hotel/wine farm down the road called Le Petite Dauphine, whilst that is 5 star accommodation and extremely expensive, I liked the Lavender Farm equally as much and I would therefore recommend it to everyone

Room Tip: Room 5 and 6 is perfect for families
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stephanie M
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have just returned from South Africa and we stayed at the Lavande de Franschhoek for one night. We ended up just dropping in and asking for a room. The man (Don) that owns it was so helpful and he gave us lots of help finding places to visit in the area. I would thoroughly recommend this as a place to stay .It was very reasonably priced for the standard of accomodation

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo