“Amazing innovative cooking”
Review of Foliage Restaurant

Foliage Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 105 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sustainable comfort cooking in a relaxed bistro setting. Big fireplace, wooden tables & chairs and open plan kitchen. Local produce and wines with an emphasis on terroir cooking.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved every minute of our evening here from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.
The food was so different what a change to try something you have never had before. Every dish was beautifully prepared with many different elements each one you could taste. The combination of flavours worked perfectly and every mouthful was a delight. So fresh and yet so tasty. Fabulous clever cooking probably my favourite meal for a long time.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last time we were in town, we only managed lunch. This time we reserved, and dinner was excellent. The food is interesting and tasty, but what got me was the smoked cheesecake.

I do a bit of smoking myself, and this blew me away. I asked the server how they did it, and was told "it's smoked." I'd worked that out myself, but now I'm itching to know if it's actually cooked in the smoker, cold smoked with a smoke gun, or cooked then smoked... will have to come back and try again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A lovely restaurant in two rooms, one of which overlooks the open-plan kitchen. The food is a combination of many unusual ingredients resulting in an explosion of flavours. The ingredients are also of different textures making the experience even more interesting.

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Great dinner, not only for the food that was outstanding but for the treatment of the people, knowledgeable, nice and attentive.
We will include Foliage as one of the best restaurants in RSA.
THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed a very nice meal here particularly the first and main courses but were disappointed that my peanut butter desert course was frozen on top but the waiter tried to convince me that it had to be like that to serve I would not have minded if he had been honest but the dish was inedible due to the top of it being frozen and a spoon wouldn’t penetrate it!otherwise are great meal