“Delicious tapas”

The Bar at LQF
Ranked #34 of 84 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bar at LQF is a trendy, sociable space with a wood-burning fireplace. Outside seating creates the perfect spot to relax over a drink and watch the activity on the main street. Savour the signature craft gin cocktails or create your own G&T from the menu of delicious ingredients. There is also a selection of classic cocktails, some with a unique contemporary twist, as well as delicious non-alcoholic versions. The well-stocked bar also offers artisan beers and ciders, as well as a hand-picked selection of proudly South African wines.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The nice thing about the Lounge Bar is that you can sit outside, close to the street, but you do have your privacy. We had lunch.
The food they serve is like tapas, small portions and easy to share. The ingredients are fresh and very tasty. Nice combinations. Also well suited for vegetarians.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had clients having dinner at The Tasting Room, so had a light meal in the Bar. The staff were outstanding and it was very comfortable to sit by yourself and enjoy your meal and glass of wine.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We traveled from New York to stay in the attached hotel, and had the tasting menu one evening. Some of our companions were a bit put off by the unconventional (we would simply call it creative) approach to cuisine, but my wife and I found it thrilling. Exquisite food, well paired with local wines, and impeccable service made the meal an adventure and a singular pleasure. Don't ask me to repeat what we had. The entrees vary as to the availability of ingredients, the time of year, and the whims of the chef. Just go and enjoy.

1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The outside bar on the main road through the town was our favourite stopping off point for a beer or two.
Friendly staff and loads of shade!

1  Thank Chispeee
Reviewed February 9, 2014

After a very disappointing meal across the road at a different establishment, we needed a drink! A martini was just what I needed. Behind the bar, Matthew from England (I believe that is his name) shared thoughts on gins and martinis and ended up making me one of the best martinis I have had, and served in a manner that allows it to be enjoyed slowly - with part in the glass and part in a mini bottle resting in another glass of crushed ice - complete with spare olives for the top up. My companion tried a few other cocktails and I moved on to a few red wines - all delightful. We really enjoyed the bar menu of fresh oysters and popcorn crayfish - delightful dishes. The person behind the bar at the Mount Nelson could learn a few tricks here, as well as how to make time at a cocktail bar a delight. (See my review on the Mount Nelson Planet Bar from a month or so ago.) Great end to the evening after such a bad start over the road at the other establishment.