La Residence
$135
$306
$278
Preferred Hotels
Protea Hotel by Marriott Franschhoek(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$132
$129
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$181
$143
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$289
$274
Agoda.com
Ashbourne House Guest House(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$90
$291
$489
$475
Priceline
All reviewsbirkenhead housetuscan villacomplimentary car servicebeautiful buffetcape towngeneral managersister propertyfrench chateauvineyard suitewine countryroséworld classsouth africalaundry doneinfinity poolheaven on earthmain building
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the ultimate place to stay we absolutely love it. From the moment we drive up the sweeping drive, past the springbok we feel a warm welcome. Each room is beautifully decorated with fabulous views over the vineyards. The whole place has an eclectic style with art and objects collected from all around the world. The result is lavish but elegant and a real feast for the eyes. The food is delicious and the chefs go out of their way to cater for all tastes. What truly makes La Residence stand out though is the wonderful staff who go above and beyond to make your stay special.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just left La Residence a few days ago and cannot stop thinking about my stay. The hotel was about half booked when my husband and I stayed, yet we felt as though we were the only people there. Every meal is done at your convenience (all delicious), the rooms are gorgeously decorated, the views are perfect and the staff was the most hospitable of any place I've been. Hands down, one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. Thank you!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 8, it was perfect and private.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have had the great pleasure of staying at many high-end chateaux in France over the years and nothing I have experienced (not even Chateaux Le Crayers in Reims) comes close. This is spectacular, splendiferous spoiling on a grand scale providing a sophistication and jaw-dropping beauty unmatched anywhere in the area. Be certain to stay "in" for dinner which will enchant and any romantic will be in heaven! Congratulations to Edward and his team for a flawless experience. I cannot wait to return.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Malcolm A
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The only place to stay when in franchhoek.when We come with the children we stay in the magnificent villas, there are 5 villas ask for villa 4 or 5 down by the pool ,in fact tjey all great. Most importantly the staff are incredible and look after the children, the chef even bakes with them.if you are traveling without children you then stay in the 7 star hotel .....beautiful. you can also go to their sister hotel called the birkenhead right on the beach or try theit bushlodge...

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I had the privilege of staying at La Residence for a night in October 2012. I was awed by the beauty of the hotel and the surrounding landscape, and will always remember the experience. We were greeting by hotel management with glasses of champagne, and given a brief tour of the place. Our room was giant, with exceptionally pretty décor and views. The hotel has amazing in-room amenities - local treats and champagne are included in the fully stocked bar - along with the largest and most magnificent bathroom I've ever seen. The hotel staff was exceedingly professional and helpful, and I had the best manicure I've ever experienced, which included lying on a massage bed and having my feet massaged for at least 20 minutes. Our dinner was fantastic, next to a roaring fire. It felt like we were royalty in some romantic medieval castle. It's hard to imagine any superior experience, and given the opportunity, I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple